Department: NSVRC Administration Team
Reports To: NSVRC Director
FLSA Status: Full Time, Non Exempt
Work Hours: Regular Business hours
Travel Expectations: Minimal travel
The NSVRC Database & Resource Assistant supports NSVRC’s administration, provision of training and technical assistance, and library resource development.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned
- Answer phones and check office voice mail regularly. Assist in answering doors and responding to vendors.
- Serve as back-up to Office Manager with attendance notifications and other office procedures.
- Assist in updating agency databases (Blackbaud, ETO, and others).
- Assist with travel and training logistics when necessary
Training and Technical Assistance:
- Serve as first point of contact to callers via phone and online request submissions.
- Triage technical assistance requests to the appropriate staff members in timely manner.
- Fulfill information requests for hotline referrals, materials, and website events calendar requests from constituents.
- Serve as key administrator for technical assistance database development, maintenance, and reporting
- Set up webinars in BlackBaud and Adobe Connect and provide assistance during webinars;
- Provide administrative support surrounding other e-learning efforts.
- Enter data from NSVRC Evaluation Plan efforts and assist in generating reports.
- Create text files of resources and support online posting of published materials.
- Assist with exhibiting preparation
- Support Library Team projects, including but not limited to e-files maintenance, shelving, labeling, and archiving materials; conducting library inventories; submitting materials and maintain the Library Drop Box.
- Assist with setting up webinars in BlackBaud and Adobe Connect.
- Assist with entering data to web site content management system.
- Attend PCAR/NSVRC staff meetings, Advocacy and Resources Team meetings, Administrative Team meetings, and others as assigned and per interest.
- Prepare mailings to constituents and respond to requests for publications, resources, and Sexual Assault Awareness Month materials.
- Provide administrative support to the Sexual Assault Awareness Month campaign by responding to requests for information.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Preferred - Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and projects simultaneously and ability to meet strict deadlines. Ability to identify and respond to shifting priorities.
- Must be a self-starter that can work within a team and fast-paced environment and handle a variety of tasks with multiple deadlines. Must be very detail-oriented and work with minimal supervision.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Must possess excellent project management, organizational and negotiation skills. Excellent customer service skills.
- Demonstrated sensitivity and ability to collaboratively work with individuals and groups from diverse populations and organizations. Ability to maintain cooperative and professional demeanor with rape crisis centers, coalitions, agency staff/board, council members, vendors, consultants, allied professionals and the general public. Must be able to foster positive working relationships with people and create an accessible environment.
- Must have proficiency with the technology necessary for the functions of the position, including: MS Windows, MS Office, , Internet, Databases
- Accept and abide by the mission and core values of PCAR.
- Must complete a Pennsylvania rape crisis center sexual assault victim counselor training, within first year of employment.
- Pennsylvania driver's license and vehicle are not required for this position.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, and talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
OTHER DUTIES AS REQUIRED
The statements contained herein describe the scope of the responsibility and essential functions of this position but should not be considered to be an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned including but not limited to work in other areas to cover absences or relief to equalize peak work periods or otherwise balance the workload.
To apply for this position, fill out this form and attach your resume and cover letter by August 24.