About Alice Paul House
Alice Paul House is a comprehensive victim service program located in Indiana, PA. We provide services to victims/survivors of domestic violence, sexual assault, other crime and juvenile offenders.
Counselor Advocate 1 – Full Time
This position works in tandem with the Victim Advocate Department and the Shelter Department by providing empowerment and trauma informed counseling guidance, client assistance, and support. This position directly reports to Counselor Coordinator and is responsible to the Direct Services Coordinator with regards to all statistical information as required by the ETO system, case management and client needs. The expectation is to create relationships with all victims of domestic violence, sexual assault, victims of other crimes, and victims of juvenile offenders and engage the victim/survivor in empowerment counseling. This position may require the employee to be available during non-business hours and weekends to provide counseling advocacy during a time best suited for the victim/survivor and/or significant other.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience is preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Technology proficient, with ability to work with MS Office suite of programs expected.
- Able to lift 25lbs
- Certification in the 80-hour domestic violence and sexual assault counselor/advocate training required by PCADV and PCAR
- Must have a valid driver’s license, clean DMV record, and reliable method of transportation
- Must have clear PA State Police, PA Child Abuse, and FBI Fingerprint Clearances
- Sensitivity to Victims’ issues and needs, including the ability to understand and follow all regulatory requirements regarding safety and confidentiality of clients
- Knowledge of (or willingness to learn about) and sensitivity to issues of domestic violence and sexual assault.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the Executive Director
Interested candidates should forward their resume, along with a cover letter to email@example.com by fax to 724-349-7883
Attention: Whitney Carmichael
Deadline: Friday September 18, 2020