Alice Paul House is a comprehensive victim service program located in Indiana, PA. We provide services to victims/survivors of domestic violence, sexual assault, other crime and juvenile offenders.
Education Advocate: Part Time
This position reports directly to the Education Coordinator regarding prevention and awareness programing to survivors, educational institutions and community The expectation is to establish relationships that educate and empower organizations in the community to assist in prevention and awareness of victimization for all individuals in our community and to empower victims/survivors. This position is accountable to the Education Coordinator for adherence to agency’s policies, procedures, and agency operations.
- Develop and implement APH’s primary prevention programs, education programs, and community outreach programs, including, designing and implementing school-based curriculum, training, and presentations
- Develop and present up-to-date domestic violence, sexual assault, victim of other crimes, and victims of juvenile offenders programs to school, community members, and other agencies
- Development and distribution of advertisements, press releases, and public service announcements as specified by grant requirements
- Maintain social media accounts with relevant information regarding APH
- Assist in the development, organization, and implementation of training for volunteers, including the supplemental training required by funding sources
- One (1) year of experience in the field of sociology, psychology, gerontology, criminal justice, or related social sciences
- College degree in education, sociology, psychology, social work, or related human services field highly preferred.
- Employment contingent upon: PA Act 34 certification, Act 151 certification, FBI Fingerprint clearance and successful completion of approved APH crisis intervention training
- Must have a valid PA driver’s license, clean DMV record, and reliable method of transportation to various worksites, and three reference
Note: Above is an abridged list of responsibilities and qualifications
Interested candidates should forward their resume, along with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax to 724-349-7883
Attention: Whitney Carmichael Deadline: Monday July 26, 2021