Alice Paul House is a comprehensive victim service program located in Indiana, PA. We provide services to victims/survivors of domestic violence, sexual assault, other crime and juvenile offenders.
Victim Advocate: Full Time & Part Time
This position reports directly to the Victim Advocate Coordinator regarding case management, policies, procedures, and agency operations. The expectation is to establish relationships with all victims/survivors of domestic violence, sexual assault, other serious crimes and juvenile offenders and to empower them to seek emotional support services through Alice Paul House
- Provide crisis intervention counseling, accompaniment, and trauma-focused advocacy to victims of domestic violence, sexual assault, other serious crimes and juvenile offenders as well as significant others and witnesses
- Completion and timely submission of Crime Victim’s Compensation forms
- Guide staff and clients through PFA, PFI, and SVPO court processes
- Provide advocacy for all Prison Rape Elimination (PREA) cases
- Maintain case files that accurately record pertinent client information
- One (1) year of experience in the field of sociology, psychology, gerontology, criminal justice, or related social sciences
- College degree in education, sociology, psychology, social work, or related human services field highly preferred.
- Employment contingent upon: PA Act 34 certification, Act 151 certification, FBI Fingerprint clearance and successful completion of approved APH crisis intervention training
- Must have a valid PA driver’s license, clean DMV record, and reliable method of transportation to various worksites, and three reference
Note: Above is an abridged list of responsibilities and qualifications
Interested candidates should forward their resume, along with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax to 724-349-7883
Attention: Whitney Carmichael Deadline: Monday July 26, 2021