TITLE: Education Specialist/Trainer Full-Time Position
DESCRIPTION: The Education Specialist/Trainer is responsible for training and education/prevention programs related to domestic and sexual violence for students, professionals, and the general community. This is a non-exempt position as defined in the Fair Labor Standards Act.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
* Develops and presents informational and educational programs for students, parents, teachers and school administrators.
* Develops and presents informational and educational programs for the general public.
* Develops and presents in-service trainings for professionals in the community.
* Disseminates information about the agency's programs and services to all public and private schools in the county, and other entities providing programming for children.
* Supports the development and implementation of public relations strategies.
* Coordinates the compilation of data from implementation and evaluation of programs.
* Supports the implementation of Crisis Intervention Counselor Training to staff and volunteers.
QUALIFICATIONS INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
* Bachelor's Degree, preferably in education or related field.
* Knowledge of child development and related educational theory.
* Familiarity with school setting and classroom management.
* Experience in public speaking.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and organizational and interpersonal skills.
* Ability to present oneself in a professional manner to individuals and groups.
* Valid Pennsylvania driver's license and ability to travel throughout Westmoreland County.
* PA and FBI Criminal Record Checks and Child Abuse History Clearance.
* Two years teaching experience, preferably multi-grade.
* Knowledge of primary prevention strategies preferred.
* Experience in program planning preferred.
* Knowledge of issues related to domestic violence, sexual assault, and other crime preferred.
Please submit resume with cover letter to:
Education/Outreach Program Manager
P.O. Box 398
Greensburg, PA 15601-0398