DESCRIPTION: The Educator/Trainer is responsible for training and education/prevention programs related to domestic and sexual violence for students, professionals, and the general community. This is a non-exempt position as defined in the Fair Labor Standards Act, and is full-time.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Develops and presents informational and educational programs for students, parents, teachers and school administrators.
- Develops and presents informational and educational programs for the general public.
- Develops and presents in-service trainings for professionals in the community.
- Disseminates information about the agency’s programs and services to all public and private schools in the county, and other entities providing programming for children.
- Supports the development and implementation of public relations strategies.
- Coordinates the compilation of data from implementation and evaluation of programs.
- Supports the implementation of Crisis Intervention Counselor Training to staff and volunteers.
QUALIFICATIONS INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Bachelor's Degree, preferably in education or related field.
- Knowledge of child development and related educational theory.
- Familiarity with school setting and classroom management.
- Experience in public speaking.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to present oneself in a professional manner to individuals and groups.
- Valid Pennsylvania driver’s license and ability to travel throughout Westmoreland County.
- PA and FBI Criminal Record Checks and Child Abuse History Clearance.
- Two years teaching experience, preferably multi-grade.
- Knowledge of primary prevention strategies preferred.
- Experience in program planning preferred.
- Knowledge of issues related to domestic violence, sexual assault, and other crime preferred.
Please send resume with cover letter to:
Education/Outreach Program Manager
P.O. Box 398
Greensburg, PA 15601-0398
— An Equal Opportunity Employer —