May 4, 2022
DESCRIPTION: This full-time staff person will provide crisis intervention counseling and accompaniment to legal and medical systems for victims of domestic violence, sexual assault and other crimes as needed throughout the county. This is a non-exempt position as defined in the Fair Labor Standards Act.
RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to:
- Provide crisis intervention, supportive counseling, and accompaniment to victims of domestic violence, sexual assault and other crimes in the medical and legal systems throughout the county.
- Provide individual victim advocacy when necessary.
- Answer the hotline, when needed during regular working hours, and provide crisis intervention, information and referrals to hotline callers.
- Provide information to the court/legal system on an as-needed basis, to support their appropriate response to victims of domestic violence, sexual assault or other crimes.
- Maintain files for advocacy services in an efficient and secure manner.
- Assist with the tracking and compilation of information to assess systems response to victims of domestic violence, sexual assault or other crimes.
QUALIFICATIONS include but are not limited to:
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor’s Degree in counseling, social work or related field, or equivalent paid or volunteer experience desired.
- Ability to deal with crisis and confrontation in a professional, positive, and effective manner required.
- Commitment to the program philosophy of the agency required.
- Experience in counseling, preferably with individuals in crisis, desired.
- Ability to manage time effectively, establish priorities and function both independently and as a team member required.
- Ability to travel within the county required.
- Acts 151/34 Certifiable and FBI background check required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills required.
- Knowledge of issues and dynamics of domestic violence, sexual assault, sexual harassment, child sexual abuse and incest desired.
- Valid Pennsylvania driver’s license required.
Please submit resume to: Advocacy Program Manager
P.O. Box 398
Greensburg, PA 15601