Centre Safe is seeking a Director of Programs and Services to manage the overall service provision functions of the organization. The Director of Programs and Services has responsibility for the oversight of direct services, working in partnership with Team Directors to assure consistent provision of services aligning with best practice in the field. As part of the Leadership Team of Centre Safe, the Director identifies and plans for the changing needs of the organization, including regular program planning and program evaluation, and shares responsibility with the Executive Director for implementing identified strategic planning goals. The Director must demonstrate an understanding of systems advocacy and its implications for Centre Safe’s work in the wider community. It is the responsibility of the Director of Programs and Services to embrace the culture of Centre Safe and to provide stewardship of that culture within the framework of Centre Safe’s Core Values:
- Commit to empowering survivors through trauma-informed and client-centered services that are intentionally equitable, inclusive, diverse, confidential and professional, and responsive to identified client and community needs.
- Eliminate violence by challenging the structural inequalities and oppressions that perpetrate gender-based violence, recognizing intersectionality in the ways violence is experienced by survivors and the wider community.
- Enhance and value our human resources through ethical stewardship of the knowledge, expertise, lived experience, and courage of spirit of the staff, volunteers, and directors, as well as our financial resources, facilities, and community relationships.
Specific Responsibilities will include:
- Program Management
- Oversight of the development and implementation of direct service workplans
- Coordination of narratives and workplans for state and federal grant applications
- Coordination of all reports and documentation related to grant and contract compliance
- Coordination of program evaluation
- Serves as Direct Services Supervisor and coordinates the Direct Services Coordinating Committee
- Personnel Management
- Provides support and supervision to direct service Team Directors
- Provides orientation and training to new direct service Directors
- Provides supervision and case management for teams when Directors are unavailable
- Participates in leadership of the Counselor/Advocate Training class
- Provides direct service as needed
Successful Candidates will have:
- BA, BS or equivalent degree in child and family studies, education, counseling, social work or another related field required; Master’s degree in Social Work, Counseling or Counselor Education preferred.
- At least five (5) years’ experience in counseling, social work, or related field and the provision of direct services to survivors of domestic and sexual violence. Experience in the trauma-informed provision of services is strongly preferred.
- Ability to work with others in a team environment, valuing diversity and inclusion in all aspects of their work.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills
- Must obtain and maintain required Child Abuse and FBI clearances
- Must successfully complete the organization’s Volunteer Advocate Training post-employment
- Computer proficiency at a basic level including the ability to conduct website searches, navigate through programs and multiple screens, perform data entry, and use common word processing, email, calendar and spreadsheet programs (Microsoft Office programs preferred).
- Must understand the capabilities and functioning of the organization’s database systems.
To apply, please submit a resume, references, and a cover letter which details your interest and experience in social service work environments.
Materials may be submitted to: Employment@centresafe.org
Applications will be reviewed beginning July 1, 2021 and continue until the position is filled.