Position Description - Executive Director of Centre Safe
Centre Safe is seeking a full-time Executive Director to advance our mission, advocate for our clients, and champion organizational culture. In collaboration with the Board of Directors, the Executive Director will implement the strategic plan while developing a future vision.
Additionally, this hands-on position will be responsible for overall revenue generation, financial management, organizational development, leadership of the management team, and program operations. The ideal candidate will combine a passion for developing people and teams with the ability to navigate complex industry regulations.
Development, Community Engagement, and Marketing
- Manage all aspects of the organization, including volunteers, marketing/communications, finance, development, and partnerships
- Develop a robust and effective annual giving campaign
- Identify grant opportunities, cultivate relationships with respective foundation program officers
- Develop and coordinate successful on-line and in-person fundraising events
- Develop and coordinate membership program
- Responsible for budget development and monitoring
- Manage the annual audit process
- Maintain expenses at or below budget
- Implement strategies to meet revenue budget goals
- Communicate with Board Treasurer on relevant financial matters
- Coaching and management of the executive leadership team, and an overall organization of about 30 people
- In partnership with Board President, steer and support board development and governance
- Support the development of the board agenda and assure all members are sent necessary reports
- Attend Board meetings, participate in Board sub-committee meetings
- Assist with the identification and cultivation of potential Board Members
- Attract, retain, and grow core team of Centre Safe
- Bachelor's degree in social work or human services or a combination of education and experience in applicable field
- 5+ years of senior leadership, business and financial management, and team building
- Demonstrated record of success with donor engagement and fundraising
- Ability to work independently and with a high level of accountability
- Availability to work some nights and weekend events as needed
- Must align with Centre Safe’s Core Values
- Experience working directly with survivors and families of survivors
- Experience working in a non-profit organization and supporting a Board of Directors
- Knowledge of the Central PA community
- Community outreach and engagement
- Outstanding written communication skills, preferably through grant writing experience
- Familiarity and working understanding of not-for-profit statements
- Strong technology skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google Suite
Why Centre Safe?
- Competitive salary based on experience, starting at $75K
- Medical, dental, and vision Insurance
- 401K retirement program with employer matching
- Generous leave program as part of a commitment to work life balance including sick, personal, vacation, and parental leave offered
- Focus on the community - with community service leave offered
- Short term disability insurance and an Employee Assistance Program
- Opportunity to work with and lead a dedicated team
About Centre Safe:
Centre Safe is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization dedicated to empowering survivors of sexual violence, relationship violence, and stalking. We offer professional, confidential, and free services for anyone who may have experienced dating violence, domestic violence, sexual assault, stalking, and for concerned loved ones. Our holistic services include a crisis hotline, shelter, counseling, advocacy, and legal representation. We empower survivors and eliminate violence!
All employees of Centre Safe will demonstrate a commitment to our Core Values:
- Commit to empowering survivors through trauma-informed and client-centered services that are intentionally equitable, inclusive, diverse, confidential and professional and responsive to identified client and community needs.
- Eliminate Violence by challenging the structural inequities and oppressions that perpetuate gender-based violence, recognizing intersectionality in ways violence is experienced by survivors and the wider community
- Enhance and value our human resources through ethical stewardship of the knowledge, expertise, lived experience, and courage of spirit of the staff, volunteers, and directors as well as our financial resources, facilities, and community relationships.
All Centre Safe employees and Counselor/Advocate volunteers are Mandated Reporters of child abuse and will obtain the required clearances upon employment. All Centre Safe employees and volunteers will maintain and uphold client confidentiality under Pennsylvania State Law, specifically 23 PA C.S. 6102 and 42 PA CSA Sec. 5945.1.
Relocation expenses may be allowable.
To be considered for employment, please submit resume and cover letter to: Centre Safe Hiring Committee
140 W. Nittany Ave. State College, PA 16801
Review of resumes will begin May 25, 2022. Incomplete submissions may not be considered.
Centre Safe is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to the development of a diverse workplace.