Immediate Job Opening: Centre Safe
Full-Time Exempt Position, EOE
$40,000/year plus benefits
- Manage the OVW, HAP/Bridge, and Rapid Rehousing Grants, including preparing grant applications and renewals (in collaboration with the Executive Director), grant reports, and preparation for required monitoring. In collaboration with the CFO, manage grant budgets. Serve as primary liaison between housing funders and Centre Safe and attend all housing related meetings.
- Participate in the management of all aspects of housing operations and programs, including decision-making around the provision of a safe and healthy environment for housing clients as well as policy and procedures development.
- Participate and play an active role in local/county housing collaborations and systems advocacy. These may be community or government groups, coalitions, and meetings that work on housing related issues. This includes, but is not limited to, participation in the Centre County Re-Entry Coalition, Out of the Cold Board meetings, Centre County Housing Options Team, and Affordable Housing Coalition.
- Conduct inspections of prospective housing (as required) ensuring it meets the minimum requirements outlined by Housing and Urban Development (HUD). Maintain physical aspects of the housing units, basic upkeep and maintenance and overseeing basic safety/security of the units, including enforcing house rules and regulations.
- Provide direct services to housing clients including individual counseling, the development of individual goals, systems advocacy, information and referrals, and intake and exit interviews.
- Oversees the management of Transitional Housing and Rapid Rehousing programs as well as any other off-site housing programs.
- Work closely with teams to help housing clients develop safety plans, an improved sense of self-worth, self-sufficiency, and permanent housing while is a safe, stable environment.
- Participate in the rotation schedule for both Emergency Contact Director (ECD) and hotline coverage.
- Bachelor's degree with 2 years of experience; or 5+ years of equivalent experience required.
- Supervision experience required.
- Experience working in a residential program setting preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients and across various levels of the organization.
- Must obtain, and maintain, required Criminal History, Child Abuse, and FBI clearances
- Must successfully complete the organization’s Volunteer Advocate Training post-employment.
- Maintain a valid driver's license and access to reliable vehicle, in order to drive self to other locations throughout Centre County, and ability to transport clients in the company vehicle.
- Computer proficiency at a basic level including the ability to conduct website searches, navigate through programs and multiple screens, perform data entry, and use common word processing, email, calendar and spreadsheet programs (Microsoft Office programs preferred).
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds on a regular basis.
For a full job description or for questions, please contact:
Kathleen Stehouwer, Assistant Executive Director/COO at firstname.lastname@example.org or Katrina Bautista, Diversity & Inclusion/ Human Resources Manager at email@example.com
or call 814-238-7066
To Apply: Submit resume, cover letter, and three references by March 20, 2020.
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Hiring Committee- Housing Director
140 W. Nittany Ave.
State College, PA 16801
or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org