Centre Safe Human Resource Manager
Centre Safe is seeking applications for a part-time Human Resource Manager to facilitate the human resource functions of the organization in consultation with Senior Leadership and the Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Consultant. The Human Resources Manager will work with the Executive Director and the Leadership Team to assure that Centre Safe is in compliance with all legal requirements as an employer, to improve human resource systems, and to provide training and coaching to employees as needed. Priorities around specific responsibilities will be established in consultation with the Executive Director and the DEI Consultant. All work will fall within the framework of Centre Safe’s Core Values:
- Commit to empowering survivors through trauma-informed and client-centered services that are intentionally equitable, inclusive, diverse, confidential and professional, and responsive to identified client and community needs.
- Eliminate violence by challenging the structural inequalities and oppressions that perpetrate gender-based violence, recognizing intersectionality in the ways violence is experienced by survivors and the wider community.
- Enhance and value our human resources through ethical stewardship of the knowledge, expertise, lived experience, and courage of spirit of the staff, volunteers, and directors, as well as our financial resources, facilities, and community relationships.
Specific Responsibilities will vary at times and will fall within the following categories:
- Ensuring that Centre Safe follows appropriate legislation and employment law regulations.
- Working with appropriate Centre Safe Board Committees, Staff or External Consultants to plan, develop and implement compensation programs, policies and procedures.
- Overseeing the recruitment, selection and hiring process for new employees, in collaboration with Team Directors, Director of Administration, and the DEI Consultant.
- Review and strengthen the on-boarding and exit interview processes.
- Working with the Personnel Committee of the Board to regularly review and revise the Employee Handbook.
- Facilitating employee relations with the focus on building a positive and equitable work environment, as aligned with the Core Values.
The Human Resource Manager will provide between 10-15 hours per week at a rate of between $20.00 and $25.00 per hour depending on experience. The HR Manager hours will normally fall between the hours of 9:00 – 5:00 (normal business hours) in order to meet with staff as needed.
Successful Candidates will have 3-5 years' experience as a human resource professional and be certified by the Society of Human Resource Management (SHRM). Experience in non-profit human resource management is preferred. A successful candidate will possess excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively across the organization, effective public presentation skills, the ability to build relationships and provide feedback, and an extensive knowledge of human resources issues and experience in inclusion and diversity within organizations.
To be considered for employment, please submit resume, cover letter, and three references to:
Centre Safe Hiring Committee
140 W. Nittany Ave.
State College, PA 16801
Resumes will be accepted until May 13, 2022 or until the position is filled.
Review of resumes will begin immediately. Incomplete submissions may not be considered.
Centre Safe is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to the development of a diverse workplace.