Overnight Weekend Shelter Counselor
Part-time, $15.00 per hour
The part-time Overnight/Weekend Shelter Counselor provides empowerment-based direct services for residents in the Sylvia Stein Shelter and via hotline.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Assist with the provision of services including: advocacy, crisis counseling, emergency financial assistance, follow-up counseling, in-person information and referral, case management, hotline, shelter/safe house, support groups, and information and referral.
- Maintain physical aspects of the shelter and safety/security of the building, including monitoring the electronic security system, basic upkeep of the shelter, and implementation of shelter guidelines
- Maintain current and accurate records
Successful candidate will have:
- Must successfully complete the Centre Safe Counselor/Advocate Training post-employment
- Experience working in human or residential services preferred
- Computer proficiency at a basic level including the ability to conduct website searches, navigate through programs, perform data entry, and use common word processing, email, calendar, and spreadsheet programs (Microsoft Office programs preferred)
- Must have access to reliable means of transportation
- Ability to interact professionally with diverse groups of individuals
To be considered for employment, please submit resume, cover letter, and three references to:
Centre Safe Hiring Committee
140 W. Nittany Ave.
State College, PA 16801
Incomplete submissions may not be considered. Review of resumes will begin immediately. Resumes will be accepted until June 9, 2022, or until the position is filled. Centre Safe is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to the development of a diverse workplace.