Rural Mobile Medical Advocate
Full-time, exempt position, $15.00 per hour + excellent benefits
The Rural Mobile Medical Advocate will address barriers to health care access that may be experienced by domestic violence and sexual assault survivors and their dependents. They will provide trauma- informed advocacy services, including medical advocacy, to survivors of sexual assault, domestic violence, and stalking in rural Centre County. This position will raise awareness about Centre Safe’s services and maintain a consistent presence in rural areas.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Partner with health care providers in rural areas (including but not limited to Bald Eagle, Bellefonte, Penns Valley, and Philipsburg)
- Develop and provide trainings for health care providers and medical staff
- Provide information and referrals to clients (particularly in regards to COVID-19 testing and mitigation)
- Provide crisis counseling, crisis intervention, and various forms of advocacy to victims of sexual assault, domestic violence, and stalking
- Assist with filing of Protection Orders
Successful candidate will have:
- Bachelor's degree or a minimum of two years' experience working in the education or human services field is required
- Must successfully complete the Centre Safe Counselor/Advocate Training post-employment
- Experience in public speaking written communication preferred
- Ability to interact professionally with diverse groups of individuals
- Computer proficiency at a basic level including the ability to conduct website searches, navigate through programs and multiple screens, perform data entry, and use common word processing, email, calendar, and spreadsheet programs (Microsoft Office programs preferred)
- Maintain a valid driver's license and have reliable motor vehicle transportation
To be considered for employment, please submit resume, cover letter, and three references to:
Centre Safe Hiring Committee
140 W. Nittany Ave.
State College, PA 16801
Incomplete submissions may not be considered. Review of resumes will begin immediately. Resumes will be accepted until June 7, 2022, or until the position is filled. Centre Safe is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to the development of a diverse workplace.