Job Opportunity at Centre Safe: Shelter Manager
Full-time, exempt position, excellent benefits
The Shelter Manager supervises shelter staff, manages schedules, oversees the provision of all direct services for shelter/emergency safe housing clients, and manages the onsite Day Program.
- Primary responsibilities will include:
- Management of all aspects of shelter/emergency safe housing operations
- Develop, implement, and manage the onsite Day Program
- Supervise and schedule Shelter Counselors, Overnight/Weekend staff, and Shelter volunteers/interns
- Assist in the management of shelter-related funds
- Assist with the provision of VOCA-funded services, including assistance with filing Compensation Claims (VCAP), criminal justice support/advocacy, crisis counseling, emergency financial assistance, emergency legal advocacy, follow-up counseling, in-person information and referral, case management, hotline, personal advocacy, shelter/safe house, support groups, and telephone contact information and referral
- Implement shelter guidelines
Successful candidate will have:
- Bachelor's degree in Human Development, Counseling, Psychology, or related field with 2 years of experience; or minimum five years of experience in residential services required. Supervisory experience preferred.
- Experience working in a residential program setting preferred.
- Must successfully complete the Centre Safe Counselor/Advocate Training post-employment
- Computer proficiency at a basic level including the ability to conduct website searches, navigate through programs and multiple screens, perform data entry, and use common word processing, email, calendar, and spreadsheet programs (Microsoft Office programs preferred)
- Maintain a valid driver's license and access to reliable vehicle, in order to drive self to other locations throughout Centre County, and ability to transport clients in the company vehicle.
- Ability to interact professionally with diverse groups of individuals
To be considered for employment, please submit resume, cover letter, and three references to: Centre Safe Hiring Committee 140 W. Nittany Ave. State College, PA 16801 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Incomplete submissions may not be considered. Review of resumes will begin immediately. Resumes will be accepted until April 14, 2023, or until the position is filled. Centre Safe is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to the development of a diverse workplace.