Centre Safe Volunteer Coordinator
Full-time, exempt position, $33,696 - $37,440 per year + excellent benefits
Centre Safe is seeking a Coordinator of Volunteer Programs to provide planning and oversight for all activities relative to the volunteer programs. The Coordinator of Volunteer Programs is responsible for the recruitment, selection, training, and retention of volunteers for the organization, as well as ensuring that the volunteer programs run effectively and efficiently.
Primary Responsibilities will include:
- Supervise Volunteer Counselor/Advocate staff:
- Recruit, select, and train Volunteer Counselor/Advocates
- Recruit and select Community Volunteers, in coordination with Outreach and Education Team
- Serve as representative the Centre County United Way in coordination with the Director of Programs and Services
Successful Candidates will have:
- BA or BS degree in counseling or related field and/or a minimum of two years experience in the provision of direct services to victim sand survivors preferred.
- Previous experience in training and coordinating volunteers preferred.
- Must demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills.
- Must obtain, and maintain, required Criminal History, Child Abuse, and FBI clearances.
- Must successfully complete the organization’s Volunteer Advocate Training post-employment.
- Computer proficiency at a basic level including the ability to conduct website searches, navigate through programs and multiple screens, perform data entry, and use common word processing, email, calendar, and spreadsheet programs (Microsoft Office programs preferred).
- Maintain a valid driver's license and access to reliable vehicle, in order to drive self to other locations throughout Centre County.
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients and across various levels of the organization.
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds.
To be considered for employment, please submit resume, cover letter, and three references to: Centre Safe Hiring Committee 140 W. Nittany Ave. State College, PA 16801 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Incomplete submissions may not be considered. Review of resumes will begin immediately. Resumes will be accepted until March 1, 2023 or until the position is filled.
Centre Safe is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to the development of a diverse workplace.