At Children’s Advocacy Centers of PA (PENNCAC), we believe every child deserves the chance to learn and laugh, explore and grow, and live into their full potential as adults. PennCAC is here to help create and contribute to a process that makes that possible. Established in 2007, PennCAC is a statewide nonprofit membership association of over 40 individual Children’s Advocacy Centers (CACs) that respond to child abuse in the Keystone State. It is our mission to promote and support the development, growth, and continuation of the multidisciplinary approach and the Children’s Advocacy Center model of response, which works to stop abuse and help child victims and their families heal. Committed to strengthening collaboration and fostering systemic and societal change, we partner with accredited and developing CACs across the state to promote evidence-based interventions that bring life-changing services to children and families in PA.
Children’s Advocacy Centers of Pennsylvania (PENNCAC) is currently seeking qualified applicants for the following position:
Manager of Commercial Sexual Exploitation of Children (CSEC) Programming, to oversee PENNCAC’s training initiatives for CAC and MDT professionals. Hours per week: 37.25 hours per week, FTE. Salary: $45,000-$50,000 based on experience, with benefits and paid time off.
Under the supervision of the Executive Director, this position will promote and support the multidisciplinary response to commercial sexual exploitation of children (CSEC) across the state, in partnership with our 41 Children’s Advocacy Center and MDITS. This position will lead all grant activities, including oversight of an extensive and robust training schedule for the next two years. They will promote CAC collaborative responses to CSEC and will support individual counties to develop and enhance their response to CSEC cases. They will work with PENNCAC staff as well as consultants and subject matter experts to achieve grant goals. The office for this position will be based in Harrisburg; however, this position can be located anywhere in the state. Extensive travel to training sites and CACs will be required.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please Note: PENNCAC is the recent recipient of two CSEC grants through the PA Commission on Crime and Delinquency, in partnership with the Children’s Justice Act Task Force. Although we will be seeking funds to continue this position, it is currently funded through 9/30/2023.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with CACs and MDTS across the state to ensure that training programs are relevant and meet the needs of professionals doing CSEC work in the state. Consider use of surveys and creation of advisory groups to inform training priorities
- Develop training plans and schedules for victim advocates, therapists, and survivor training sessions, including Project Intersect, EMDR, and Protocols for Victim Advocates
- Identify training topics and trainers and oversee CSEC training for all disciplines, to supplement the training being offered to victim advocates, therapists and survivors
- Support development of protocols for discipline specific responses to CSEC, directed to law enforcement, child protective services, prosecution, medical providers and court personnel
- Schedule and support logistics for all discipline-specific trainings, to be held across the state
- Encourage and support the development of enhanced CSEC responses at Children’s Advocacy Centers across the state
- Partner with consultants to support eight counties that have committed to expanding their response to CSEC cases
- Work with project evaluator to track and measure deliverables and outcomes for the grants
- Maintain program data and produce reports on all grant activities
- Liaison with CSEC service providers and interested partners across the state and represent PENNCAC in state and local forums, meetings, and trainings
- Maintain a resource directory of CSEC service providers in PA and support connections among CACs and service providers
- Ensure grant deliverables and CAC standards are met at highest attainable levels
- Become proficient in use of PENNCAC’s training database, Coalition Manager
- Participate in PENNCAC staff meetings, and support other programming and communications activities as needed
Minimum Professional Requirements:
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in related field
- Knowledge in all or some of the following areas is preferred: Children’s Advocacy Centers and multidisciplinary response to child abuse, commercial sexual exploitation of children/human trafficking, child welfare system, criminal justice system, victim advocacy, and therapeutic services for CSEC.
- Commitment to building inclusive professional environments and equitable services for children and families across PA
- Ability to work in a collaborative, multi-stakeholder environment
- Exceptional written and verbal skills
- Strong professional judgement and decision-making skills
- Demonstrated experience with public speaking including in a training environment
- Personality qualities including ability to multi-task, highly organized, detail-oriented, ability to work independently as well as with a team, strong interpersonal skills
- Must have a current driver’s license
Children’s Advocacy Centers of PA is committed to providing equal opportunity in its recruitment, hiring and employment practices without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, genetic information, disability, sex, sexual orientation, age, military status, veteran status, or status in any group protected by federal, state, and local law. PENNCAC is committed to a diverse work force.
Applicants who are interested in this position and who possess the minimum requirements should submit via email 1) a letter of interest and 2) a resume, to email@example.com, with the subject line ATTN: Search Committee CSEC