Crime Victims' Center of Chester County, Inc: Director of Prevention Education
CVC is looking for a passionate and dedicated professional to lead our Prevention and Education Department. The Director of Prevention and Education will supervise the activities and personnel of CVC’s Prevention/ Education Program and Primary Prevention and promote general knowledge of victimization issues throughout Chester County.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Community Outreach Responsibilities
- Develop educational materials including trainings, presentations, professional workshops, programming, and resources on the topics of healthy communities and prevention efforts of CVC directed towards:
- School Teachers and other Professionals
- Private Companies/Businesses
- Other Community Serving Organizations.
- Develop, schedule and conduct public education/awareness programs:
- Schedule speaking engagements when requested.
- Assign speakers for CVC’s prevention/education programs.
- Assist volunteer coordinator with trainings for volunteers who speak on behalf of the agency.
- Serve as a speaker/presenter in education/training programs. Conduct primary prevention programs and professional in-service trainings.
- Assure that all agency training materials are current and accurate, and in line with best practices for the Primary Prevention of Sexual Violence.
- Build and maintain relationships with Campus Stakeholders in prevention/education efforts.
- Act as agency spokesperson at community wide events/ trainings and fundraising events/ meetings.
- Market to local for and non-profit organizations to provide Prevention/ Education trainings or education to their staff and volunteers.
- Supervise CVC’s Prevention and Education Department
- Serve as a part of the Leadership Team and support in policy making and implementation for the Agency.
- Assist in the regular evaluation of prevention/ education efforts including the review of evaluation and response data..
- Conduct annual performance evaluations for Prevention/Education Program Staff.
- Assist in regular evaluation of educational efforts and implement programmatic changes where appropriate.
- Provide direct services to victims and their families as needed.
- Act as On-Call Supervisor for CVC staff and volunteers on weekend hotline rotations when needed.
- Adhere to the CVC policies and procedures which support the goals and mission of CVC and meet funding requirements.
- Responsible for the maintenance of data on Prevention/ Education and Community Outreach efforts including entering monthly data into the current CVC database.
- Produce reports on Prevention/ Education, Primary Prevention and Community Outreach efforts as required by CVC’s CEO and funding sources.
- Maintain a library of agency materials.
- Perform all other duties as required by the CEO and VP of Operations.
- A minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in human services focused field preferred
- A minimum of two year's experience in victim services, education or a related field preferred.
- At least one year of Supervisory experience preferred.
- Strong communication (oral and written) skills.
- Strong organizational, leadership and public speaking skills.
- Ability to assume responsibility and make decisions.
- Skill in problem solving and crisis response.
- Ability to establish and maintain professional working relationships with staff, volunteers, other agencies and the public.
REQUIRED TRAINING/OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
- Within six months of appointment to the position, the Community Outreach/Primary Prevention Specialist must provide evidence of successful completion of the Sexual Assault Counselor Training provided by CVC.
- Must attend all training required by PCAR, PCCD or any other funder.
- Must possess a current valid drivers license, have the use of an automobile during the working hours.
- Will be expected to commute weekly to the West Chester Office and presentations as required at locations within Chester County.
- Must show evidence of proper automobile insurance coverage.
- A Pennsylvania Child Abuse Clearance, Criminal History and FBI Clearance must be obtained upon employment.
To apply please visit the job listing on Indeed or email your resume and letter of interest to Christine Zaccarelli at firstname.lastname@example.org