Family Services Incorporated has an immediate opening for a Program Coordinator in the Victim Services Program. The Program Coordinator will assist the Director of Victim Services in activities related to promoting an integrated community effort to advance the services for domestic abuse, sexual assault, child abuse, human trafficking, and other violent crime.
The ideal candidate will possess a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college/university in Social Work, Women’s Studies, Social Justice, Communications or other related fields and have at least one (1) year experience writing grants, working with a non-profit agency, and/or working on social justice issues.
Additionally, the qualified candidate must:
- Be a proficient and competent writer. Familiarity with grant writing and/or grant reporting requirements is a plus.
- Be highly motivated
- Very well organized and adhere to deadlines
- Be able to work on multiple projects simultaneously
Job duties include (but are not limited to):
- Seek out and Screen through potential grants and other funding sources for the program
- Write and maintain grants and be responsible for all grant reporting requirements
- Work with Program Director to implement programming and goals
- Coordination of Lethality Assessment Program across the county
- Creating and posting related social media content on various platforms.
Starting wage, $17.00 per hour or dependent upon experience. Benefits available are: health insurance; dental; vision; 401(k); Life/LTD. Generous time off package: vacation, sick leave and holidays. Please submit your resume, cover letter, and writing sample. Apply online @ www.familyservicesinc.net; from Family Services’ Facebook page or by mail to: Family Services, 2022 Broad Avenue, Altoona, PA 16601. EOE