HAVIN, Armstrong County's Domestic and Sexual Assault Center is seeking a full-time Shelter Advocate. Full-time 37.5 hours per week. Must be willing to work flexible hours, primarily weekends, evenings, nights and holidays. HAVIN is an equal opportunity employer. Resume's must be received by Friday, July 31, 2020. No phone calls please.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND ABILITIES:
- Shelter Advocate's MUST be willing to work flexible hours-primarily evening and overnight - midnight to 8am), weekends and holidays.
- Applicants must be able to walk up and down two flights of stairs, and lift and carry up to thirty pounds.
- Must have valid PA driver's license.
- All Shelter Advocate's will be required to undergo a drug test, criminal, including FBI, and child abuse clearances.
- Successful Shelter Advocate's must be able to work independently yet compatibly with others; must be able to work with those in crisis.
- Shelter Advocate's must complete HAVIN's domestic violence/sexual assault training program.
- Applicants must abide by all applicable confidentiality standards of the program.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS AND ABILITIES:
- Specific training and/or knowledge of domestic violence/sexual assault issues.
- Training and/or experience in crisis intervention or in working with people in residential settings.
- Successful Shelter Advocates are dependable, organized, self-motivated and team players.