HAVIN, Armstrong County’s Domestic and Sexual Assault Center is seeking a part-time Shelter Advocate. Part-time approximately twenty hours per week. Must be willing to work flexible hours, including weekends, evenings, nights and holidays. HAVIN is an equal opportunity employer. Applications must be received by Friday, January 15, 2021. No phone calls please.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES (include but are not limited to) :
- Shelter Advocate's provide coverage of shelter while on duty; including intake and exit process for residents.
- Provide crisis and information and referral coverage on 24-hour hotline.
- Supervise operations of the shelter and agency's offices including general cleaning, building maintenance and clerical duties.
- Maintain records and complete reports as directed.
- Assist in maintaining inventory of shelter supplies and donations.
- Shelter Advocate's provide crisis and ongoing counseling, information and referral to domestic violence and sexual assault survivors, individually and in groups.
- Arrange and/or provide transportation for survivors of domestic violence and sexual assault.
- Provide child care/supervision.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND ABILITIES :
- Shelter Advocates MUST be willing to work flexible hours-primarily afternoons/evenings, overnight (midnight to 8am), weekends, and holidays.
- Applicants must be able to walk up and down two flights of stairs, and lift and carry up to thirty pounds.
- Must have valid PA driver’s license.
- Shelter Advocate's will be required to undergo a drug test, criminal, including FBI, and child abuse clearances.
- Applicant must be able to work independently yet compatibly with others; must be able to work with those in crisis.
- Shelter Advocate's must complete HAVIN's domestic violence/sexual assault training program.
- Shelter Advocate's must abide by all applicable confidentiality standards of the program.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS AND ABILITIES:
- Specific training and/or knowledge of domestic violence/sexual assault issues.
- Training and/or experience in crisis intervention or in working with people in residential settings.
- Successful Shelter Advocate's are dependable, organized, self-motivated and team players.