HAVIN, Armstrong County's Domestic and Sexual Assault Center
Position: Shelter Advocate. (Part-time, 20 hours per week. Must be willing to work flexible hours, primarily midnights, weekends, evenings, and holidays).
HAVIN is an equal opportunity employer. Resumes must be received by Friday, April 29, 2022. No phone calls please.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND ABILITIES:
Shelter Advocates MUST be willing to work flexible hours-primarily overnight (midnight to 8am), evenings, weekends and holidays.
· Applicants must be able to walk up and down two flights of stairs, and lift and carry up to thirty pounds.
· Applicants must be willing to put their care and energy into keeping the Shelter clean and organized during the midnight shift: keeping bathrooms and kitchen areas clean, stocking pantry items, and organizing donations.
· Must have valid PA driver's license.
· All Shelter Advocates will be required to undergo a drug test, criminal, including FBI, and child abuse clearances.
· Successful Shelter Advocates must be able to work independently yet compatibly with others; must be able to work with those in crisis.
· Shelter Advocates must complete HAVIN's domestic violence/sexual assault training program.
· Applicants must abide by all applicable confidentiality standards of the program.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS AND ABILITIES:
· Specific training and/or knowledge of domestic violence/sexual assault issues.
· Training and/or experience in crisis intervention or in working with people in residential settings.
· Successful Shelter Advocates are dependable, organized, self-motivated and team players.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $12.00 - $15.00 per hour