HAVIN, Armstrong County's Domestic and Sexual Assault Center
Position: Systems Advocate/Community Resource Liaison. (Full-time 37.5 hours per week).
HAVIN is an equal opportunity employer. Applications must be received by Friday, April 29, 2022. No phone calls please.
Ideal candidates will have strong communication skills, both oral and written. Act 33 & 34 Clearances, FBI Background Clearance, Pre-Employment Drug Screening and a valid PA Driver's License are required.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND ABILITIES:
- B.S. in criminal justice or related field and/or equivalent experience regarding domestic violence and sexual assault.
- Must work independently yet compatibly with other.
- Must be available to work after hours and/or weekends.
- Abilities required include walking up and down stairs, carrying supplies in and out of building that may weigh up to thirty pounds.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office skills including, but not limited to: MS Word, MS Excel and MS Publisher. Ability to learn other computer programs as required.
- Must have a valid PA driver's license.
- Candidates will be required to undergo a drug test, criminal, including FBI, and child abuse clearances.
- Must complete HAVIN's domestic violence/sexual assault training program.
- Applicants must abide by all applicable confidentiality standards of the program.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS AND ABILITIES:
- Some training and/or knowledge of domestic violence/sexual assault issues.
- Familiarity with Mental Health and Substance Use Disorder Providers a plus.
- Willingness to experiment and utilize new concepts and approaches.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITES (include but are not limited to)
- Coordinating and facilitating medical systems advocacy efforts for the agency.
- Provide technical assistance to medical and human service agencies, focusing on Mental Health and Substance Use Disorder Providers.
- Develop, organize and participate in cross system trainings.
- Engage in community outreach to establish relationships and disseminate information.
- Provide coverage on the hotline or in shelter when necessary. Assume on-call duties as required.
- Provide counseling and implement screening to domestic violence and/or sexual assault victims individually or in groups.
- Independently travel to locations throughout Armstrong County and at times out-of-county.
- Maintain required statistical records and complete all reports necessary.
Pay: From $30,800.00 per year