Full-time Assistant Manager – Job Announcement
Do you love working in retail?
Are you looking for full-time with great benefits?
Do you want to give back to your community and support a great cause? Are you motivated, high energy, friendly, and enjoy customer service?
If you answered yes to these questions, we want you to apply!
NOVA (Network of Victim Assistance), a community-based 501(c)3, is the comprehensive victim services organization in Bucks County. With a 46-year history, NOVA has expanded to include a continuum of prevention and direct services to prevent and address the needs of victims of sexual abuse and other serious crimes. Establishing sustainability is key to our future success -- serving all victims who need assistance, reducing personal violence through education, and advancing the field.
Fulltime Assistant Manager
The NOVA Thrift Shop, located on 313, just minutes north of Doylestown, is a friendly and fun place with 7500 SF of retail space. The Thrift Shop is the 3rd most significant revenue source to NOVA and supports programs, including our child abuse prevention programs and the Children’s Advocacy Center.
The Assistant Manager will be joining a dedicated and hardworking team of 10 staff and over 70 volunteers who are passionate about NOVA’s mission. The Assistant Manager will assist in all tasks related to the following: sales of merchandise, setting up merchandise displays, receiving and processing donations, including triaging, working as a cashier, and assisting volunteers with check-out. In addition, all staff participates in general everyday straightening and clean-up.
This position reports to the Thrift Shop Manager.
1. A commitment to supporting NOVA’s mission and vision.
2. Experience working in retail. 1-2 years preferred.
3. Excellent customer service skills.
4. A positive, outgoing, flexible, friendly, and energetic person who takes the initiative!
5. Reliable and trustworthy.
6. Must be able to bend, stretch, and stand on feet for multiple hours.
7. Must have the ability to lift 40 pounds and carry 30 pounds unassisted.
8. Meet all required clearances for employment (PA Child Abuse Clearance, Criminal Record Check, FBI clearance).
9. Experience working as a volunteer in a community organization a plus.
10. Strong verbal and organizational skills a plus.
This position is a permanent full-time, 37.5 hours per week hourly position. Excellent benefits include a competitive wage, exceptional health and dental coverage, accruing three weeks Paid Time Off your first year plus holidays, a Profit Sharing Pension Plan, and 401K after one year. NOVA is an AA/EOE organization.
Hours of Operation: The shop is open for retail 7-days per week. Retail hours are 10 am to 5 pm Monday-Saturday, and Sunday12 noon – 5 pm.
Please submit a cover letter and resume. Subject Line: Assistant Manager NTS Full-Time Assistant Manager July 2021