NOVA (Network of Victim Assistance) is the comprehensive victim services organization in Bucks County, PA. With a 47-year history, NOVA has expanded to include a continuum of prevention and direct services to prevent and address the needs of victims of sexual abuse and other serious crimes. NOVA is known across many disciplines and the community at large for its exceptional services and professionalism. As a mature and fiscally sound organization, sustainability is key to our future success — serving all victims who need assistance, educating the community at large on violence prevention in our community, and providing top-ranked professional training.
The Community Relations and Marketing Assistant is responsible for providing support for web content/posts; posting on social media; designing graphic print and digital media; constructing and disseminating internal and external emails/e-newsletters; coordinating organizational communication materials; and maintaining email databases and groups; to promote and increase awareness of Network of Victim Assistance.
The Community Relations and Marketing Assistant is a part of a high-performing team that together implements a comprehensive marketing, communications, and community relations program for the organization.
Community Relations and Marketing
- Facilitates the creation of communication material to ensure consistency with the organization's brand, including website copy, program flyers, annual reports, etc.Assists with electronic communications, including email campaigns, event marketing, and newsletters.
- Manages email database maintenance and analytics for improvement and upgrades.
- Assists in-house staff with graphic design support for digital and print platforms
- Assists in the creation of company marketing materials to assure accurate, informative, and unified branding in accordance with brand guidelines.
- Works with the Director of Community Relations and Development and Public Relations Consultant to promote stories, activities and news.
- Manages marketing/communications calendar and project management system (Asana).
- Maintains online photo library, correctly tagging and filing photos according to designated categories and tags
- Leads social media content development & strategy for multiple objectives: online fundraising, brand awareness, volunteer recruitment, event and program participation, storytelling and impact-sharing, etc. This includes the development of copy as well as graphics.
- Creates and implements monthly social media strategies.
- Supervises all aspects of social media interaction between constituents and the organization to ensure a positive experience.
- Assists with the creation of actionable plans to both grow and maintain followers on
NOVA’s social media platforms.
- Maintains active knowledge of current technologies and trends in social media.
• Assists web developer in management of regular pages, posts and updates, and makes content corrections as needed to keep site timely, engaging and informative.
• Conducts bi-annual audits of the website to ensure continuity with NOVA’s mission and accuracy.
- Commitment to NOVA’s mission and philosophy.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, or relevant field.
- 2+ years of experience in social media and website content creation or similar role.
- 2+ years of relevant marketing, communications and/or public relations experience; nonprofit experience a plus.
- Excellent knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, YouTube, Google+ and other social media best practices.
- Knowledge of HTML is required.
- Proficiency with computer and PR/marketing applications including Google Analytics, WordPress, Constant Contact, Facebook Business Manager, Hootsuite, etc.
- Experience with Adobe InDesign and/or Illustrator.
- Meet all required clearances for employment (Criminal Record Check, Child Abuse Clearance, etc.).
Salary: $39,200 - $42,000
- Strong writing, editing and proofreading skills, including thorough knowledge of Microsoft 365.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and detail skills and ability to work with diverse groups including staff, community professionals, volunteers, board members, funders, and donors.
- Experience working on a team.
Excellent benefits include exceptional health and dental coverage, accruing three weeks Paid Time Off your first year plus 11 holidays, a Profit-Sharing Pension Plan and 401K after one year.
Please submit your application with a cover letter telling us about your interest, qualifications, salary requirements, and resume to email@example.com. Subject Line: Community Relations and Marketing Assistant Note: Resumes without cover letters will not be considered. AA/EOE.