Director of Development
NOVA is the comprehensive victim services organization in Bucks County. With a 47-year history, NOVA has expanded to include a continuum of prevention and direct services to prevent and address the needs of victims of sexual abuse and other serious crimes. NOVA is known across many disciplines and the community at large for its exceptional services and professionalism. As a mature and fiscally sound organization, establishing sustainability is key to our future success -- serving all victims who need assistance, educating the community at large on violence prevention in our community, and providing top-ranked professional training.
DIRECTOR OF DEVELOPMENT
NOVA is seeking a dynamic Director of Development to join our leadership team. We are looking to hire an enthusiastic fundraising professional dedicated to supporting victims of sexual assault and other crimes, and to building a safer community through violence prevention The ideal candidate is comfortable in a trauma-informed culture, ready to lead with kindness, communication, and empathy, and bring energy and creativity to deliver results.
Approaching our 50th anniversary, NOVA remains mission-driven and dedicated to serving individuals across the age span. We work to provide state-of-the-art, comprehensive victim services to over 3000 victims of sexual assault and other serious crimes, including but not limited to human trafficking, fraud, homicide, and child and elder abuse in Bucks County. Additionally, we provide prevention education and training to over 30,000 children and adults annually.
Employee Philosophy and Practice
NOVA employs 80 dynamic professionals who bring expertise and passion for ensuring that we carry out the mission every day. Every staff member is essential to NOVA achieving its vision of a community free of violence and integral to ensuring that NOVA achieves our mission and goals. The success of our organization is the ability of every staff member carrying out their respective job responsibilities to the best of their ability and helping colleagues to the same is essential to our success.
- An understanding and commitment to NOVA’s mission, vision, and programs.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Liberal Arts, Marketing, Communications or other relevant fields, or equivalent experience in the nonprofit sector.
- Demonstrated experience as a team player.
- Three plus years working in development, including experience as a leader in a development program.
- Demonstrated staff and volunteer supervision experience.
- High energy, self-motivated, ability to multi-task, and a commitment to excellence and the nonprofit sector.
- Curiosity and attitude of continuous learning, interest in NOVA’s work and willingness to learn about our field; interest in seeking out professional development opportunities.
- Excellent writing skills (samples may be requested), experience, and comfort with public speaking.
- Proficient in office software Microsoft 365, Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Ability to work in the office during regular business hours, flexibility for occasional nights/weekends; access to reliable transportation for local/statewide travel.
- Must meet all required clearances for employment (Criminal Record Check, Child Abuse Clearance, etc.).
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge or similar donor database.
- Passion for using data to inform strategic decision-making.
- Personal network or ability to build a network of relationships in Bucks County.
- Understanding of the work of victim service or trauma-informed organizations.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in developing and implementing fundraising campaigns, including planned giving, capital campaigns, and or crowdsourcing.
- Working with staff and volunteer leadership, design a fundraising program that includes major gifts, events, planned giving, private grants/sponsorships, and other fundraising tools.
- Build on the current fundraising program – increasing annual donor revenue to 20% of the organization’s annual operating budget.
- Identify and cultivate donors to steward major gifts.
- Research private corporate and foundation grants and other opportunities, and write compelling proposals to prospective funders as appropriate.
- Manage relationships with corporate and foundation funders, including overseeing the writing of reports and other communication as appropriate.
- Represent NOVA in the community and with prospective and current donors as appropriate and in collaboration with Executive Director and leadership team.
- Plan and implement donor cultivation program, including acknowledgment and recognition program.
- Research major donor prospects; develop and implement strategy for cultivation and solicitation; directly makes “asks” as appropriate
- Oversee planning and execution of fundraising events, including small donor and more significant events
- Oversee administration of donor database
- Plan and implement other Board supported fund development initiatives, including planned giving.
- Oversee and implement the annual campaign for individual giving and corporate support
Staff and Volunteer Development and Supervision
- Hire, supervise, and mentor development staff with the knowledge and skills to execute the plan.
- Provide regular opportunities for staff to provide ideas and input to development plan and to make decisions within their specific projects.
- Staff the Board Development Committee, and be the go-to resource for fundraising knowledge and experience for our senior team, Board, and volunteers
- Nurture, train, and support volunteer fundraisers, including Board and committee members.
- Work with Volunteer Coordinator to recruit, support and acknowledge volunteers
- Develop and implement a Board-supported comprehensive fundraising strategy for the organization
- Work closely with the marketing staff to increase NOVA’s visibility in the community, leading to new donor, funder, and partner relationships.
- Embrace the team culture as a foundation for success of the organization
- Follow all policies and procedures of the organization
- Participate in the writing and periodic review of organization policies and procedures, and annual workplans as required
Work Location: On site in Jamison, PA
Excellent benefits include a competitive salary commensurate with experience, exceptional health, and dental coverage, accruing three weeks Paid Time Off your first year plus 11 holidays, a Profit Sharing Pension Plan and 401K after one year and more. NOVA is an AA/EOE.
If you have these qualifications, are energetic, passionate about the mission of NOVA, and enjoy a friendly team-oriented environment, we would like to hear from you! Please submit your application with a cover letter telling us why you are the person for this job, salary requirements, and your resume to Careers@novabucks.org (Subject line: Director of Development).