NOVA (Network of Victim Assistance) is the comprehensive victim services organization in Bucks County. With a 47- year history, NOVA has expanded to include a continuum of prevention and direct services to prevent and address the needs of victims of sexual abuse and other serious crimes. NOVA is known across many disciplines and the community at large for its exceptional services and professionalism. As a mature and fiscally sound organization, establishing sustainability is key to our future success -serving all victims who need services, educating the community at large on violence prevention in our community, and providing top-ranked professional training.
The Bucks County Forensic Nurse (FN) program at NOVA was developed out of a recognized need to create a continuity of forensic-medical care for victims of sexual assault and interpersonal violence, specifically non-lethal strangulation, in Bucks County who present in the emergency departments of Bucks County hospitals. In its sixth year of operation, the FN program has become a highly respected service proving exceptional, state of the art, forensic-medical care to victims.
Forensic Nurse Coordinator Position. This full time position requires an experienced professional with a nursing background who thrives as a team player, and who is deeply committed to improving the lives of victims of sexual assault and interpersonal violence. Primary responsibilities include supervision of staff and nurse contractors; day to day department management including but not limited to: ensuring all protocols and procedures are current; and collaborating with other NOVA department staff and pertinent departments in local hospitals to ensure exceptional forensic medical care. Additionally, the coordinator manages the Sexual Assault Response Team (SART) for Bucks County and manages project grants such as report writing/reporting, coordinating and or conducting outreach and/or trainings.
The FN program team works out of the NOVA Jamison office. The work week is 37.5 hrs./week and requires some flexibility to achieve program goals. Frequent local travel throughout Bucks County is required.
The Coordinator reports to the Director of Client Services. Required Qualifications:
- A Bachelor's degree in public health, hospital administration, or related field required. Master’s degree preferred.
- Current RN license in PA or a state that has reciprocity with PA.
- Compliance with medical immunization policies per each contracted hospital.
- IAFN SANE certification highly desirable or completed upon hiring.
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate challenging situations and problem solve.
- Experience managing complex projects and contractors preferred.
- Sexual Assault Counselor training completed within 6 months’ post-hire.
- Related experience that is highly desirable:
- Previous management or coordination of a multi-disciplinary teams
- Experience working in a hospital setting or health care system,
- Grant writing and reporting experience.
Excellent benefits include a competitive salary commensurate with experience, exceptional health, and dental coverage, accruing three weeks Paid Time Off your first year plus 11 holidays, a Profit Sharing Pension Plan and 401K after one year and, many more. NOVA is an AA/EOE.
If you have these qualifications, are energetic, passionate about the mission of NOVA, enjoy a friendly team-oriented environment, we would like to hear from you! Please submit your application with a cover letter telling us why you are the person for this job, your salary requirements, and current resume to email@example.com. Subject line: FN Program Coordinator