Prevention Educator (Part-time)
NOVA (Network of Victim Assistance) is a comprehensive victim services organization in Bucks County. With a 48-year history, NOVA has expanded to include a continuum of prevention and direct services to prevent and address the needs of victims of sexual abuse and other serious crimes. NOVA is known across many disciplines and the community at large for its exceptional services and professionalism. As a mature and fiscally sound organization, establishing sustainability is key to our future success — serving all victims who need assistance, educating the community at large on violence prevention in our community, and providing top-ranked professional training.
NOVA is hiring part-time (5-25 hours per week) prevention educators to deliver specialized violence prevention programs (preschool through post-secondary) in Bucks County schools and community settings. Topics include Personal Safety, Child Sexual Abuse Prevention, Healthy Relationships, Becoming Upstanders, Cyber Safety, and Sexual Violence Prevention.
Part-time Prevention Educator Positions available:
- General Prevention Education Programs
- Safe Touches Personal Safety Program
- Programs for Individuals with Autism and IDD
See NOVA’s website for complete Prevention Education and Training program descriptions.
Primary Qualifications include:
- BA in education, teaching experience, or experience in a related field
- Strong oral presentation skills
- Experience working with children/youth is preferred
- Highly values teamwork
- Flexible schedule
- Excellent organizational skills
- SAC training certificate or must attend the 40-hour Sexual Assault Counselor Training at NOVA that will be offered in late July/August
- Current criminal, child abuse, and FBI clearances are required
Requires travel throughout Bucks County
Benefits: Profit Sharing Pension Plan and 401K after one year of employment and many more. NOVA is an AA/EOE.
If you have these qualifications, are energetic, passionate about the mission of NOVA, and enjoy a friendly team-oriented environment, we would like to hear from you! Please submit your application with a cover letter telling us why you are the person for this job, salary requirements, and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Subject line: Part-time Educator Position