SPECIAL EVENTS ORGANIZER
NOVA is the comprehensive victim services organization in Bucks County. With a 48-year history, NOVA has expanded to include a continuum of prevention and direct services to prevent and address the needs of victims of sexual abuse and other serious crimes. NOVA is known across many disciplines and the community at large for its exceptional services and professionalism. As a mature and fiscally sound organization, establishing sustainability is key to our future success — serving all victims who need assistance, educating the community at large on violence
prevention in our community, and providing top-ranked professional training.
Special Events Organizer assists the Director of Development in the day-to-day coordination of NOVA’s annual Gala and Auction, An Evening at the Garden Party, to be held Thursday, April 20, 2023. Additionally, the person in this position may be called on to support other agency events.
The person in this position is responsible for administrative and logistical tasks that directly support the event. Responsibilities include keeping meticulous records of tickets, sponsorships, and in-kind donations in databases and excel spreadsheets, producing accurate acknowledgment letters and invoices, providing administrative support to volunteers and staff as they solicit gifts, serving as liaison with vendors, and support setup and auction functions on the night of the event, including supervision of volunteers and temporary staff.
A cover letter must be included with a resume.
- Superior administrative skills and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated experience using publication software, word processing, database management, and spreadsheet software.
- Must be able to manipulate data, create reports, perform a mail merge, and import/extract information from companion software.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with diverse groups including staff, community professionals, and volunteers.
- Ability to work independently and juggle multiple priorities.
- Ability to follow procedures for the financial management of events and coordinates the onsiteprocedures.
- Nonprofit fundraising event planning experience preferred but not required.
The average number of hours per week is 18. Weeks leading up to and follow-up may be as high as 37.5 hours. Limited evenings are required (monthly committee meetings and event dates). Work may be performed in the office or remotely – weekly required status meeting in Jamison office. This position is temporary through May 15, 2023, with an opportunity for continued work if mutually agreed upon.
NOVA is an AA/EOE.
If you have these qualifications, are energetic, passionate about the mission of NOVA, and enjoy a friendly team-oriented environment, we would like to hear from you! Please submit your application with a cover letter telling us why you are the person for this job, salary requirements, and your resume to Careers@novabucks.org (Subject line: Special Events Organizer)