NOVA (Network of Victim Assistance) is the comprehensive victim services organization in Bucks County. With a 47-year history, NOVA has expanded to include a continuum of prevention and direct services to prevent and address the needs of victims of sexual abuse and other serious crimes. NOVA is known across many disciplines and the community at large for its exceptional services and professionalism. As a mature and fiscally sound organization, establishing sustainability is key to our future success -- serving all victims who need assistance, educating the community at large on violence prevention in our community, and providing top-ranked professional training.
The NOVA Victim Advocacy Department is a highly dedicated, experienced and esteemed team. NOVA victim advocates are the liaison between victims of crime and the criminal justice system in Bucks County. Advocates support crime victims across the age span to navigate the criminal justice system. Responsibilities include but are not limited to attending police interviews and court hearings with victim/survivors, assisting victims filing for victim compensation and Protection from Abuse orders, and advocate on behalf of the victim/survivor with the District Attorney’s Office and other community partners. This position requires a professional who has exceptional communication and relationship skills, is compassionate and empathetic. This position also has an emphasis on outreach and advocacy services for underserved populations, specifically elder victims and their families.
Core Qualifications include:
- Bachelors Degree in criminology, social work, human services, or other related field.
- Sound knowledge of the criminal justice system. Experience working in the criminal justice system a plus.
- Bilingual/multilingual preferred. Must be able to travel throughout the county
- Proficient in Microsoft 365. Experience working with client data systems a plus.
- PCCD Foundational Academy training certificate or completion within 6 months of hire.
- SAC training certificate or completion of 40-hour Sexual Assault Counselor training at NOVA within 6-months of hire.
- Current criminal, child abuse and FBI clearance is required before hire.
Excellent benefits include a competitive salary commensurate with experience, exceptional health, and dental coverage, accruing three weeks Paid Time Off your first year plus 11 holidays, a Profit Sharing Pension Plan and 401K after one year and more. NOVA is an AA/EOE.
If you have these qualifications, are energetic, passionate about the mission of NOVA, enjoy a friendly team-oriented environment, we would like to hear from you! Please submit your application with a cover letter telling us why you are the person for this job, salary requirements, and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Subject line: Victim Advocate