The Schuylkill County District Attorney has a job opening for a county detective. The position is grant-funded. Interested applicants should send a resume and cover letter to First Assistant District Attorney Michael J. Stine via email to email@example.com
JOB TITLE:County Detective: Sexual Assault/Domestic Violence Specialist
DEPARTMENT: District Attorney's Office
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform concentrated duties in one or more of the following areas:
- Conduct criminal investigations to include allegations of crimes against special victims, including sexual assault/abuse, domestic violence, stalking, and harassment; examine scene of crime to obtain clues and gather evidence; investigate suspected persons, interview witnesses and report progress of investigations.
- Provide support to municipal police departments in specialized criminal investigations involving special victim crimes when assistance is requested from and approved by the District Attorney or Chief Detective.
- Initiate and lead/conduct investigations into the criminal prosecution of matters pertaining to sexual assault/abuse, domestic violence, human trafficking, stalking, and harassment.
- Serve subpoenas and bench warrants for criminal cases involving sexual assault/abuse.
- Collaborate with other county agencies and non-governmental agencies in efforts to implement best practices in the handling of sexual assault/abuse, domestic violence, human trafficking, stalking, and harassment cases.
- Investigative experience in the aforementioned areas is required.
REPORTS TO: Chief County Detective