Victim Services Inc. is seeking a Case Manager to provide direct support services in a trauma-informed, victim-centered, and culturally competent manner to residents of our safe house. Duties will include, but are not limited to, assisting with the day to day running of the safe house, providing crisis intervention, creating service goals with residents, coordinating service delivery, assisting with locating permanent housing options, planning and carrying out gatherings with residents, following up with former residents, and providing on call coverage after business hours. The position will also include networking with other community agencies. Extensive and ongoing training in working with survivors of crime will be provided.
- Bachelor’s degree in Psychology, Sociology, or related field - training, work history, and life experience considered
- Proficient computer skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Reliable, personal transportation
- Act 33, 34 and 114 clearances
Ideally, we are seeking individuals who are able to function somewhat independently and have the capacity to be compassionate yet resilient in the face of continued exposure to trauma. Self-care is a priority and will be an ongoing part of employment at our agency. Successful candidates must demonstrate dedication and passion for serving survivors of violence in our community.
For questions, call 814-288-4961.
Victim Services Inc. is committed to the policy of providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and applicants.
*Survivors of domestic and sexual violence and people of color are encouraged to apply*
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $28,500.00 - $31,500.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- On call
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Somerset, PA 15501: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Why do you want to work at Victim Services?
- A responsibility with this position includes taking an occasional on call shift and rotating regular back up shifts of on call. on call shifts are a 16 or 24-hour shift and back up shifts last the work week or weekend. Our coverage area is both Cambria and Somerset areas and we respond to requests at local hospitals, police departments, and our shelter. Knowing this, do you want to continue with the application process? If so, how does this fit into your life?
- How do you deal with stress? How do you practice self-care?
- Why are you a good fit for this position?
- What are your salary expectations?
Work Location: One location