The Women’s Center is currently seeking a qualified candidate for a Shelter Counselor. Training and team supervision is provided. Excellent opportunity to work with domestic and sexual violence survivors in a social services advocacy environment. This is a non-exempt position working 32 hours per week with full-time equivalent benefits. The Women’s Center is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and committed to continually expanding the Center’s ability to provide culturally responsive services and a culturally responsive work environment.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Counseling, Social work, or related field. Training and work history will be considered.
- Experience working with diverse populations and groups preferred.
- Experience dealing with individuals in residential settings or crisis situation.
- Act 33/34/FBI Clearances are required upon hire.
- Responsible for shift coverage of a residential facility for domestic violence victims, homeless women, and their children.
- Provide counseling, goal planning, advocacy, and educational workshops to shelter residents.
- Provide to answer 24-hour helpline and provide helpline callers with information and counseling.
SALARY & BENEFITS
- $16.29 an hour plus shift differential; 32 hours a week
- Paid vacation, sick and personal time; 11 Paid Holidays
- Medical, Dental and Vision plans with low employee contribution rate.
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Mileage for off-site work
Submit letter of interest and resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.