This position is a full time, defined as 40 hours per week, non-exempt position. The primary duties are to provide legal options, prepare and file Protection from Abuse petitions and related documents, to provide transportation to and from Protection from Abuse hearings and/or related judicial processes, to conduct educational legal trainings in a variety of community settings, to provide accompaniment for victims of domestic violence, sexual assault and/or incest. Service provisions rendered at offices located in Columbia and Montour counties.
- Must have one of the following:
- BS degree in Pol. Science, Pre-Law, Social Work or related field
- Associate degree in paralegal studies or counseling plus two years relevant experience
- Four years’ experience in related fields
- Knowledge of and experience with criminal justice system and civil court.
- Ability to prepare legal documents.
- Knowledge of Protection from Abuse orders, divorce and custody issues.
- Ability to communicate effectively and be organized and flexible.
- Ability to present legal education trainings in a variety of settings.
- Ability to work and travel between agency offices.
- Successful completion of Center’s counseling/advocacy training.
- A valid PA driver’s license.
- Act 33 & Act 34 clearances required.
Additionally this position requires the ability to remain calm and professional in a crisis and to relate to participants, staff, volunteers and Board Members with understanding and confidentiality. A commitment to working with victims of domestic violence and sexual assault, a dedication to the feminist model empowerment counseling, as well as a solid understanding of the issues involved in battering relationships and sexual assault must be demonstrated. This position requires the ability to work with people of diverse backgrounds and the ability to handle multiple tasks. A nonjudgmental attitude and organizational skills are required.
If interested please forward letter of intent & resume to:
The Women’s Center, Inc.
Attn: Brandy Hampton
111 North Market Street
Bloomsburg PA 17815