YWCA Greater Harrisburg
Crisis Advocate and Counselor in Perry County
The Violence Intervention and Prevention Department is seeking a full-time Crisis Advocate and Counselor in Perry County. This position will provide a mobile response to victims of domestic violence, sexual assault, dating violence, and stalking, assessing immediate needs, safety planning, and linking victims to other supportive services. This position will also provide outreach and advocacy in the local community.
- Applicants must demonstrate the ability to work independently, utilize sound judgment, respond to crisis situations in a professional manner, and balance numerous priorities and tasks at one time.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Prior experience in crisis intervention is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in human services or related field is preferred, prior related work experience will be considered in place of formal degree.
- Must have driver’s license, reliable transportation, proof of insurance, FBI, criminal, and child abuse clearances.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $34,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- On call