The IT Support Specialist manages the desktop environment for PCAR and NSVRC, including providing support and training organization-wide for software packages and supported hardware. This position also provides technological assistance with special projects and events, tracks and documents IT processes, and backs-up other members and functions of the IT team as needed.
PCAR understands sexual violence as a social justice issue and works to prevent and respond to sexual harassment, abuse, and assault within this framework. We are committed to nurturing a workplace that is affirming, inclusive, and respectful of all people and the ways in which they identify across race, class, ability, gender, sexual orientation, age, and other identities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Help desk/ support functions:
- Coordinate and perform desktop support and maintenance for PCAR and the NSVRC.
- Perform upgrades, updates, maintenance and troubleshooting for approved standard software and hardware.
- Assist with upgrades, updates, maintenance and troubleshooting for non-standard software, hardware, and networking equipment as needed.
- Purchase approved equipment and software.
- Maintain and configure computers including staff entrance and exit tasks.
- Track and document IT processes and helpdesk requests through Spiceworks software.
- Maintain accurate inventory of all computer and network equipment and communicate updates to CFO.
- Provide technology training and orientation for new staff.
- Provide initial and ongoing training to staff on standard (used by all staff) software.
- Provide training on supported hardware and peripheral devices as needed.
- Provide technological assistance and consultation for special projects and events.
- Facilitate external training as needed.
Software and hardware support:
This position is responsible for installation, configuration, upgrading, updating, and trouble-shooting for approved products including, but not limited to, those listed below.
- PC and laptop support (Windows OS)
- Local printers
- Telephone (physical install, and voicemail setup)
- Microsoft Windows operating systems
- Basic administration of Microsoft Exchange and Outlook (add/remove users, create groups, configure email client, and troubleshoot issues)
- Microsoft Office
- Internet Browsers
- Antivirus software
- Adobe Suite of software
- Manage hardware inventory and lifecycle procedures.
- Maintain current knowledge of industry standards regarding security efforts for the organization.
- Support other members of the IT team as needed to maintain a high level of uninterrupted technology processes for staff.
- Participate in team and agency meetings, trainings, work groups and events as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
$40,000 to $49,000 depending upon qualifications.
PCAR offers a competitive salary and benefits package. Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply online by January 27, 2022.
Who We Are:
Founded in 1975, PCAR works to end sexual violence and advocates for the rights and needs of all sexual assault victims. PCAR partners with a network of rape crisis programs to bring help, hope, and healing around issues of sexual violence to the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. PCAR:
- Assures that communities have access to quality victim services and prevention education by providing funding, training, materials and assistance to a network of rape crisis centers that serve all of Pennsylvania’s 67 counties.
- Provides resources and training on sexual assault-related issues to professionals across the Commonwealth.
- Promotes public policies that provide protections and services to victims of sexual harassment, abuse, and assault, hold offenders accountable, enhances community safety, and works with media to increase public awareness, access to accurate information and ethical reporting practices.
- Operates the National Sexual Violence Resource Center (NSVRC), which identifies, develops and disseminates resources regarding all aspects of sexual violence prevention and intervention.
- Works with media to increase public awareness, access to accurate information, and ethical reporting practices.
Equal Employment Opportunity Commission:
The Pennsylvania Coalition Against Rape and The National Sexual Violence Resource Center provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics.