The Pennsylvania Coalition Against Rape (PCAR) is seeking a Language Access Coordinator who will coordinate efforts to expand accessibility of services related to sexual harassment, abuse, and assault across multiple languages and cultures in Pennsylvania. The full-time position will be a hybrid of working remotely and at an office located in Harrisburg.
PCAR understands sexual violence as a social justice issue and works to prevent and respond to sexual harassment, abuse, and assault within this framework. We are committed to nurturing a workplace that is affirming, inclusive, and respectful of all people and the ways in which they identify across race, class, ability, gender, sexual orientation, age, and other identities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain and coordinate contract with interpreting services.
- Organize training for rape crisis centers and interpreters.
- Build relationships and partner with individuals and organizations to advance multilingual access.
- Host networking spaces for advocates to learn from each other.
- Facilitate planning to build culturally-informed and linguistically-accessible sexual violence response efforts.
- Supervise one employee.
The successful candidate will be bilingual and bicultural, with training, writing, verbal, and interpersonal skills in a language other than English and English. A minimum of three years of experience and/or training related to working with communities who speak languages other than English and victim services; or equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
PCAR offers a competitive salary and benefits package. Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply online at pcar.org/employment by November 15, 2021.
Who We Are:
- Founded in 1975, PCAR works to end sexual violence and advocates for the rights and needs of all sexual assault victims. PCAR partners with a network of rape crisis programs to bring help, hope, and healing around issues of sexual violence to the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. PCAR:
- Assures that communities have access to quality victim services and prevention education by providing funding, training, materials and assistance to a network of rape crisis centers that serve all of Pennsylvania’s 67 counties.
- Provides resources and training on sexual assault-related issues to professionals across the Commonwealth.
- Promotes public policies that provide protections and services to victims of sexual harassment, abuse, and assault, hold offenders accountable, enhances community safety, and works with media to increase public awareness, access to accurate information and ethical reporting practices.
- Operates the National Sexual Violence Resource Center (NSVRC), which identifies, develops and disseminates resources regarding all aspects of sexual violence prevention and intervention.
- Works with media to increase public awareness, access to accurate information, and ethical reporting practices.
Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
The Pennsylvania Coalition Against Rape and The National Sexual Violence Resource Center provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics.