The Communications Specialist promotes the goals and objectives of the organization through producing publications and assisting with messaging, public relations, marketing, and social media outreach. The Communications Specialist coordinates the NSVRC’s biannual newsletter, The Resource, and reviews and edits print and online publications. In addition, the Communications Specialist works closely with printers and other consultants to manage the production of materials. This position responds to media requests and prepares information for media and for the field.
As a member of the Communications Team, this position plays a key role in NSVRC’s overall online presence and promotion of resources including social media management, email marketing, and online content development (web pages, blogs, podcasts, videos, etc.). This position also coordinates communications needs of our partner initiative RALIANCE.
PCAR understands sexual violence as a social justice issue and works to prevent and respond to sexual violence within this framework. We are committed to nurturing a workplace that is affirming, inclusive, and respectful of all people and the ways in which they identify across race, class, ability, gender, sexual orientation, age, and other characteristics.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinates the planning, editing, production of print and online publications. Works with members of staff to schedule and plan upcoming projects.
- Serves as editor for NSVRC’s magazine-style newsletter, The Resource. Assists with writing other publications.
- Ensures quality of materials through knowledge of organization’s publication standards. Keeps track of projects and their deadlines.
- Assists in the content development, design, and maintenance of web pages. Posts resources (blogs, videos, podcasts, etc.) ensuring that they meet organization’s accessibility standards.
- Manages organization social media accounts and assist with regular posting to Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and other social media pages. Regularly gather analytics to understand and engage our online audience. Attends monthly social media check-in meetings to strategize participation in partner campaigns, events, and cultural observances.
- Assists with developing and disseminating e-newsletters and email marketing content. Utilize customer relationship management (CRM) software to optimize outreach and engagement of online audiences.
- Prioritizes diversity, inclusion, and a racial justice lens in publications and outreach efforts. Coordinates the development of culturally-relevant materials to engage a diverse range of traditionally underserved communities.
- Assists with marketing materials and public awareness campaigns, including Sexual Assault Awareness Month campaign.
- Assists with developing talking points, press releases, editorials and other resources in response to current events and issues. Disseminates press releases on the organization’s website and via newswire
- Designs online promotional content (share graphics, email banners, etc.)as needed.
- Coordinates the communications needs of RALIANCE, including social media, email, and Google Ads.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
$43,850 to $48,850
PCAR offers a competitive salary and benefits package. Qualified candidates are encouraged to send a cover letter and resume to https://pcar.org/employment-form by May 4, 2022.
Who We Are
Founded in 1975, PCAR works to end sexual violence and advocates for the rights and needs of all sexual assault victims. PCAR partners with a network of rape crisis programs to bring help, hope, and healing around issues of sexual violence to the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. PCAR:
- Ensures that communities have access to quality victim services and prevention education by providing funding, training, materials and assistance to a network of rape crisis centers that serve all of Pennsylvania’s 67 counties.
- Provides resources and training on sexual assault-related issues to professionals across the Commonwealth.
- Promotes public policies that provide protections and services to victims of sexual violence, hold offenders accountable, and enhance community safety.
- Launched the Sexual Violence Legal Assistance Project in 2018 to provide holistic legal services to survivors of sexual violence.
- Works with media to increase public awareness, access to accurate information, and ethical reporting practices.
- Operates the National Sexual Violence Resource Center (NSVRC), which identifies, develops and disseminates resources regarding all aspects of sexual violence prevention and intervention. The NSVRC also is a partner in a collaborative effort with the National Alliance to End Sexual Violence (NAESV), and the California Coalition Against Sexual Assault (CALCASA)–PreventConnect to operate RALIANCE. RALIANCE was founded in 2015 through a multimillion dollar seed investment by the National Football League with a mission of ending sexual violence in one generation. RALIANCE promotes prevention by awarding grants, advancing research, policymaking, and more.
Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
PCAR provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics.