Medical Advocacy Project Coordinator
The Medical Advocacy Project Coordinator primary role will be working with the International Association of Forensic Nurses (IAFN) on two Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner (SANE) expansion projects. Their role will be to represent community based sexual assault advocacy services
PCAR understands sexual violence as a social justice issue and works to prevent and respond to sexual violence within this framework. We are committed to nurturing a workplace that is affirming, inclusive, and respectful of all people and the ways in which they identify across race, class, ability, gender, sexual orientation, age, and other characteristics.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The Medical Advocate Project Coordinator will work with IAFN to execute the task and deliverables below. Changes to the scope of work will be made as necessary to reflect project priorities.
- Participate in site and partner kick-off meetings with IAFN project staff.
- Meet weekly and as needed with IAFN Project Manager.
- Participate in all site meetings with IAFN project staff.
- Participate in virtual and live education events as needed.
- Review the outcome of all site needs assessment information.
- Assist IAFN project staff in the development of individual site TA plans.
- Provide virtual or live education as needed.
- Provide technical assistance (TA) as needed.
- Log all TA and TA follow-up utilizing the IAFN Qualtrics TA log monthly (at a minimum).
- Provide technical assistance to sexual violence programs, grantees, state coalitions, and other agencies and individuals on various topics related to preventing and responding to sexual violence.
- Assist with research, researching topics, and identifying materials to aid in responding to information requests, including resources on trauma-informed services.
- Oversee the development of technical assistance materials, serving as a writer, reviewer and/or editor.
- Oversee contracts with consultants and/or supervise staff coordinating such contracts and projects
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
$40,000 to $44,750
PCAR offers a competitive salary and benefits package. Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply online at pcar.org/employment by June 15, 2022.
Who We Are
Founded in 1975, PCAR works to end sexual violence and advocates for the rights and needs of all sexual assault victims. PCAR partners with a network of rape crisis programs to bring help, hope, and healing around issues of sexual violence to the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. PCAR:
- Ensures that communities have access to quality victim services and prevention education by providing funding, training, materials and assistance to a network of rape crisis centers that serve all of Pennsylvania’s 67 counties.
- Provides resources and training on sexual assault-related issues to professionals across the Commonwealth.
- Promotes public policies that provide protections and services to victims of sexual violence, hold offenders accountable, and enhance community safety.
- Launched the Sexual Violence Legal Assistance Project in 2018 to provide holistic legal services to survivors of sexual violence.
- Works with media to increase public awareness, access to accurate information, and ethical reporting practices.
- Operates the National Sexual Violence Resource Center (NSVRC), which identifies, develops and disseminates resources regarding all aspects of sexual violence prevention and intervention. The NSVRC also is a partner in a collaborative effort with the National Alliance to End Sexual Violence (NAESV), and the California Coalition Against Sexual Assault (CALCASA)–PreventConnect to operate RALIANCE. RALIANCE was founded in 2015 through a multimillion dollar seed investment by the National Football League with a mission of ending sexual violence in one generation. RALIANCE promotes prevention by awarding grants, advancing research, policymaking, and more.
Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
PCAR provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics.