The Office Manager serves a supervisor role in providing a wide variety of administrative support to individuals, teams, and projects throughout the organization. This position will supervise members of the Administrative team and oversees activities of the office. This position coordinates and/or provides assistance with maintaining calendars, schedules, and attendance records; organizes electronic file storage and maintains various files; oversees mailing list and data entry in various databases; manages budgets, tracking financial information, and office supplies; plans meeting agendas, facilitates meetings, and records minutes; and assists with special events and activities.
PCAR understands sexual violence as a social justice issue and works to prevent and respond to sexual violence within this framework. We are committed to nurturing a workplace that is affirming, inclusive, and respectful of all people and the ways in which they identify across race, class, ability, gender, sexual orientation, age, and other characteristics.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Office Management Duties:
- Supervise the Administrative Assistant Customer Relations, Administrative Coordinator, and Database & Resource Assistant.
- Primary contact for landlord, janitorial services, and all other contacts related to the maintenance of the building.
- Create and manage office procedures and systems.
- Provide training on copiers and other office machines.
- Manage usage and upkeep of office machines (fax, copy, printers, postage, TTY, language access line, etc.).
- Oversee Wellness Work Group, Emergency Response Team, and scheduling of First Aid and CPR trainings.
- Coordinate scheduling for and assist with covering reception desk and greets and directs visitors to appropriate staff.
- Order, purchase, and stock supplies for office.
- Keep updated inventory of office supplies, booklets, and products.
- Assist with grants, reports and other documents as needed, including gathering feedback
- Direct phone calls and respond to general requests.
- Coordinate distribution of all office mail throughout building
- Coordinate or provide assistance with out-going mail; prepare labels for carrier services; and coordinate bulk mailing processes.
- Coordinate or provide assistance with scheduling meetings and events.
- Coordinate or provide assistance and support to staff as needed including files, copies, training materials, correspondence, etc.
- Assist Administrative Coordinator with travel and logistics for meetings, conference calls, and conferences, including the portable display.
- Coordinate or record minutes for All Staff meetings, coalition and resource center meetings, Advisory Council meetings, and other meetings and conference calls as required.
- Coordinate or provide assistance to maintain information and files for PCAR/NSVRC company contacts (including the National Advisory Council) information on our websites, company drives and CRM.
- Maintain an office calendar, paper and electronic files, and other activities related to the efficient operation of PCAR/NSVRC, along with calendars in conference rooms.
- Coordinate or provide assistance updating Operations Manual and other documents as needed.
- Coordinate or provide assistance with entering technical assistance requests into the “Call Center” as needed.
- Participate in staff meetings, Supervisor’s Meetings and in-service trainings.
- Distribute and track purchase orders.
- Assist with logging in checks and cash payments as needed.
- Assist with gathering documentation of usage of PCAR/NSVRC company credit cards and reconcile monthly statements with business office.
- Assist COOs with monitoring monthly budget expenditures.
- Oversee maintenance of information including schedules, contact information, job descriptions, resume’s etc.
- Assist with tracking employee absences and leave requests, sending out daily attendance email.
- Orient new employees to the office procedures and commitment to wellness.
Sexual Assault Awareness Month (SAAM) Responsibilities:
- Work with Prevention Campaign Specialist to develop and/or order materials, products and mailing/packaging supplies
- Coordinate or provide assistance with maintaining inventory of all SAAM-related products, posters, mailers, etc.
- Assist finance dept. to price items and process sales and payments.
- Coordinate or provide assistance maintaining annual inventory of products ordered and sold; costs, prices, etc.
- Oversee entering all SAAM orders in NSVRC Call Center database.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
PCAR offers a competitive salary and benefits package. Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply online by October 7, 2021.
Who We Are
Founded in 1975, PCAR works to end sexual violence and advocates for the rights and needs of all sexual assault victims. PCAR partners with a network of rape crisis programs to bring help, hope, and healing around issues of sexual violence to the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. PCAR:
- Ensures that communities have access to quality victim services and prevention education by providing funding, training, materials and assistance to a network of rape crisis centers that serve all of Pennsylvania’s 67 counties.
- Provides resources and training on sexual assault-related issues to professionals across the Commonwealth.
- Promotes public policies that provide protections and services to victims of sexual violence, hold offenders accountable, and enhance community safety.
- Launched the Sexual Violence Legal Assistance Project in 2018 to provide holistic legal services to survivors of sexual violence.
- Works with media to increase public awareness, access to accurate information, and ethical reporting practices.
- Operates the National Sexual Violence Resource Center (NSVRC), which identifies, develops and disseminates resources regarding all aspects of sexual violence prevention and intervention. The NSVRC also is a partner in a collaborative effort with the National Alliance to End Sexual Violence (NAESV), and the California Coalition Against Sexual Assault (CALCASA)–PreventConnect to operate RALIANCE. RALIANCE was founded in 2015 through a multimillion dollar seed investment by the National Football League with a mission of ending sexual violence in one generation. RALIANCE promotes prevention by awarding grants, advancing research, policymaking, and more.
- Operated AEquitas: The Prosecutor’s Resource on Violence Against Women from 2009 until the organization became an independent 501(c)(3) on October 1, 2015. PCAR founded AEquitas and was responsible for its financial management while AEquitas project staff implemented training, case consultation, technical assistance and the development of practical resources for prosecutors and justice professionals around the world. PCAR and AEquitas will continue to work closely together as collaborative partners to help identify emerging issues and strategies that could affect investigations and prosecutions of sexual violence and related cases.
Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
PCAR provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics.