Adams County Center Director
The Adams County Center Director is responsible for the oversight and management of the center providing services in Adams County. The Adams County Center Director will provide administrative oversight including: grant development and coordination of internal policies and procedures, fiscal management and program coordination, as well as the provision of services to individuals. This position represents the center in public arenas and promotes the center’s mission and the availability of services in the community.
PCAR understands sexual violence as a social justice issue and works to prevent and respond to sexual violence within this framework. We are committed to nurturing a workplace that is affirming, inclusive, and respectful of all people and the ways in which they identify across race, class, ability, gender, sexual orientation, age, and other characteristics.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure effective human resources management of Center personnel through:
- hiring, supervision, training, and evaluation of program staff
- administering the personnel policies
- assuring that staffing patterns and policy related to position authorizations and organizational structure are met
- assuring staff development
- recommending policy/procedures which enhance staff relations
- regular review of personnel files to ensure funder standards are met
- Oversee the collection, management, and submission of statistical data and reporting requirements for grants and other funding.
- Ensure effective and efficient administration of Center by ensuring programs operate within budget and according to fiscal policy. Works closely with relevant staff and board members to develop, monitor and analyze budget and spending patterns.
- Maintain client confidentiality. Follow established child abuse reporting procedures and other exceptions to confidentiality as outlined in Center policies.
- Manage priority projects, including the current projects of establishing nonprofit status, developing a working Board of Directors, and other identified priorities.
- Ensure that the Center meets emerging and continuous community needs through identifying, recommending, and implementing new program directions and/or resources for expansion of current programs, and utilizing best practices for program planning, development, and evaluations.
- Assist the Board of Directors in the development and implementation of a strategic plan.
- Develop annual and multiple year Center goals and objectives in keeping with funder requirements. Develop appropriate approaches and action steps to meet the goals and objectives”
- Oversee grants management for various funding sources. Research and respond to funding opportunities to enhance the work of the Center.
- Plan, develop, implement, and monitor program policies and procedures to assure compliance with regulations set forth by the funding bodies including PCAR, PCCD, and other funders.
- Serve as the Center’s representative for the PA Association of Sexual Assault Centers.
- Serve as the agency liaison on committees, task forces, and other multi-disciplinary groups.
- Maintain and enhance Center relations by coordinating with other community organizations, developing and maintaining working relationship with relevant local or regional community organizations, and attending community and agency events
- Provide client-centered and trauma-informed services to survivors of sexual abuse, harassment, and assault in Adams County, and their significant others, including but not limited to: individual counseling, group counseling, hotline/crisis counseling, medical advocacy and accompaniment, legal advocacy and accompaniment, assistance with protection order filing, and information and referral. Services are provided in-person and via telehealth.
- Provide after-hours hotline coverage and in-person advocacy/accompaniment to hospitals and police departments as necessary.
- Contribute to a positive work environment.
- Acquire and maintain a working knowledge of the technology necessary to meet the job responsibilities.
- Have a working knowledge of the Center’s language access plan, and utilize interpretation and translation services as appropriate.
Master’s degree or Bachelor’s degree plus equivalent experience in social work, organizational leadership, nonprofit management, or related field. Equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this position will be considered. Minimum of three-five years of experience in human services program leadership/management. Experience working in sexual assault center or other victim service program preferred.
PCAR offers a competitive salary and benefits package. Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply here. Complete job description available in attached full length pdf.
Who We Are
Founded in 1975, The mission of the Pennsylvania Coalition Against Rape is to work to eliminate all forms of sexual violence and to advocate for the rights and needs of victims of sexual assault. PCAR partners with a network of rape crisis programs to bring help, hope, and healing around issues of sexual violence to the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. PCAR:
- Assures that communities have access to quality victim services and prevention education by providing funding, training, materials, and assistance to a network of rape crisis centers that serve all of Pennsylvania’s 67 counties.
- Provides resources and training on sexual assault-related issues to professionals across PA.
- Promotes public policies that provide protections and services to victims of sexual violence, hold offenders accountable, enhances community safety, and works with media to increase public awareness, access to accurate information, and ethical reporting practices.
- Operates the National Sexual Violence Resource Center (NSVRC), which identifies, develops, and disseminates resources regarding all aspects of sexual violence prevention and intervention. NSVRC is the leading nonprofit in providing information and tools to prevent and respond to sexual violence. NSVRC translates research and trends into best practices that help individuals, communities and service providers achieve real and lasting change. NSVRC also works with the media to promote informed reporting.
Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
The Pennsylvania Coalition Against Rape and The National Sexual Violence Resource Center provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics.