Manages office events and assists with the coordination of meeting and event logistics. Provides administrative support for staff and is responsible for coordinating the hiring and orientation proces.
PCAR understands sexual violence as a social justice issue and works to prevent and respond to sexual harassment, abuse, and assault within this framework. We are committed to nurturing a workplace that is affirming, inclusive, and respectful of all people and the ways in which they identify across race, class, ability, gender, sexual orientation, age, and other identities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with answering and screening telephone calls, and arranging conference calls
- Composes and types routine correspondence
- Assist with meeting minutes, agendas, filing, scheduling and other general office support as needed
- Organizes and maintains file system, and files correspondence and other records
- Maintains schedule of building events and visitors
- Assist with maintaining documents and structure of shared company drive.
- Attend and coordinate meetings and/or training as requested (may require overnight travel)
- Serve as back up contact to Office Manager for landlord and janitorial service.
- Maintains administrative calendar and helps manage logistics of administrative scheduling.
- Work closely with Office Manager and cover for one another during absences – such as distributing interoffice mail, supply order, trouble-shooting office equipment, etc.
- Distribution of inner office mail between floors
- Return incorrectly addressed mail, and contact vendors to have old names removed from mailing lists.
- Back up the Office Manager for orientation on the Operations Manual and Provide orientation on telephone system to new staff.
- Assist in answering doors and responding to vendors.
- Coordinate with staff to organize and manage meeting details
- Provide on-site leadership and support to meetings when necessary
- Arranges programs, events, or conferences including facilities and caterer, as well as issuing information or invitations, coordinating speakers, and managing event budget and provide oversight of meeting logistics,
- Arranges detailed travel plans and itineraries and compiles documents for travel-related meetings
- Research and maintain files on caterers and other hospitality industry vendors
- Follows funder guidelines when planning logistics for all events
- Coordinates use and rental of meeting space
- Manages contracts for rental of meeting space
Human Resource Support:
- Oversee and schedule orientation for new staff
- Maintain staff information in the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system.
- Assist with updating the Operations Manual
- Assist with updating the Emergency/Disaster Planning Manual
- Assist with tracking updates to Position Manuals
- Assist with employment announcements
- Maintain master file of organizational job descriptions and organizational chart
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
$35,000 to $39,000 depending upon qualifications.
PCAR offers a competitive salary and benefits package. Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply online here by August 14, 2022.
Who We Are
Founded in 1975, PCAR works to end sexual violence and advocates for the rights and needs of all sexual assault victims. PCAR partners with a network of rape crisis programs to bring help, hope, and healing around issues of sexual violence to the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. PCAR:
- Assures that communities have access to quality victim services and prevention education by providing funding, training, materials and assistance to a network of rape crisis centers that serve all of Pennsylvania’s 67 counties.
- Provides resources and training on sexual assault-related issues to professionals across the Commonwealth.
- Promotes public policies that provide protections and services to victims of sexual harassment, abuse, and assault, hold offenders accountable, enhances community safety, and works with media to increase public awareness, access to accurate information and ethical reporting practices.
- Operates the National Sexual Violence Resource Center (NSVRC), which identifies, develops and disseminates resources regarding all aspects of sexual violence prevention and intervention.
- Works with media to increase public awareness, access to accurate information, and ethical reporting practices.
Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
The Pennsylvania Coalition Against Rape and The National Sexual Violence Resource Center provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics.