Job Title: Development Manager
Reports To: Chief Public Affairs Officer
FLSA Status: Part Time, Hourly, Nonexempt
Work Hours: Primarily during regular business hours; 25 hours/week
Travel Expectations: Occasional in-state travel
Salary Range: Professional 1 ($24.54–28.38/hour)
The Development Manager is responsible for coordinating the Pennsylvania Coalition Against Rape (PCAR) and the National Sexual Violence Resource Center (NSVRC) development activities with an emphasis on donor cultivation, communications and stewardship, planning of special events for fundraising and awareness, shared management of the Customer Relations Management database, and other duties as assigned.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Donor Cultivation, Communication, and Stewardship
- Oversee development-related work centers in the Customer Relations Management Database (CRM) which is currently Blackbaud products
- Coordinate regular and strategic communication with donors
- Process donations within 24 -48 hours; issue thank you/tax receipt letters
- Build relationship with prospective donors, foundations and grant opportunities while also maintaining our existing relationships for both PCAR and NSVRC
Business Development Activities
- Plan, implement, and evaluate special events or online campaigns, i.e. promoting Sexual Assault Awareness Month (April), Giving Tuesday (November), organizational milestones, etc.
- Plan, implement, and evaluate annual giving activities, i.e. appeal letters
- Develop awareness of organization’s development opportunities, i.e. estate planning, cy pres awards, etc.
- Research Foundations and identify possible prospects to support the organization
- Provide staff support to PCAR Board of Directors Development committee
- Promote sponsorships for alternating years of hosting a national conference and state conference
Planning & Coordination
- Perform yearly analysis of donors and total support to the organization
- Develop and implement a comprehensive development plan annually
- Regular coordination of duties with Communications Teams and Chief Public Affairs Officer
- Coordinate with volunteers as ambassadors to cultivate relationships with the organization
- Develop and update materials and website, in coordination with PCAR and NSVRC Communications Teams
- Communicate with staff on development activities and engage staff on how development activities are supporting organizational projects and vice versa
This job has no supervisory responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); minimum of two years’ experience in fundraising activities, strong writing, communication, and coordination skills.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent, and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and projects simultaneously and ability to meet strict deadlines. Ability to identify and respond to shifting priorities.
- Must be a self-starter that can work within a team and fast-paced environment and handle a variety of tasks with multiple deadlines. Must be very detail-oriented and work with minimal supervision.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Must possess excellent project management, organizational and negotiation skills. Excellent customer service skills.
- Demonstrated sensitivity and ability to collaboratively work with individuals and groups from diverse populations and organizations. Ability to maintain cooperative and professional demeanor with rape crisis centers, coalitions, agency staff/board, council members, vendors, consultants, allied professionals and the general public. Must be able to foster positive working relationships with people and create an accessible environment.
- Must have proficiency with the technology necessary for the functions of the position, including: Microsoft Office (Word/Excel/Access/PowerPoint/Outlook)
- Accept and abide by the mission and core values of PCAR.
- Must complete a Pennsylvania rape crisis center sexual assault victim counselor training, within first year of employment.
- Must possess a valid Pennsylvania driver’s license, insurance, and reliable vehicle.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, and talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Other Duties As Required
The statements contained herein describe the scope of the responsibility and essential functions of this position but should not be considered to be an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned including but not limited to work in other areas to cover absences or relief to equalize peak work periods or otherwise balance the workload.
PCAR offers a competitive salary and benefits package. Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply online by September 2, 2022.
Who We Are
Founded in 1975, The mission of the Pennsylvania Coalition Against Rape is to work to eliminate all forms of sexual violence and to advocate for the rights and needs of victims of sexual assault. PCAR partners with a network of rape crisis programs to bring help, hope, and healing around issues of sexual violence to the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. PCAR:
- Assures that communities have access to quality victim services and prevention education by providing funding, training, materials, and assistance to a network of rape crisis centers that serve all of Pennsylvania’s 67 counties.
- Provides resources and training on sexual assault-related issues to professionals across PA.
- Promotes public policies that provide protections and services to victims of sexual violence, hold offenders accountable, enhances community safety, and works with media to increase public awareness, access to accurate information, and ethical reporting practices.
- Operates the National Sexual Violence Resource Center (NSVRC), which identifies, develops, and disseminates resources regarding all aspects of sexual violence prevention and intervention. NSVRC is the leading nonprofit in providing information and tools to prevent and respond to sexual violence. NSVRC translates research and trends into best practices that help individuals, communities and service providers achieve real and lasting change. NSVRC also works with the media to promote informed reporting.
Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
The Pennsylvania Coalition Against Rape and The National Sexual Violence Resource Center provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics.