Accounts Payable compiles invoices, prepares disbursement vouchers, assigns account codes for input into the accounting system, and administers check runs. This position also prepares bank deposits and assists with the monthly reconciliation of various general ledger accounts.
PCAR understands sexual violence as a social justice issue and works to prevent and respond to sexual violence within this framework. We are committed to nurturing a workplace that is affirming, inclusive, and respectful of all people and the ways in which they identify across race, class, ability, gender, sexual orientation, age, and other characteristics.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Reviews invoices for accuracy and reconciles discrepancies and problems
- Prepares disbursement vouchers and assigns account codes for input into the accounting system
- Processes checks and prepares them for signatures and mailing
- Monitors accounts payable to ensure that payments are up to date
- Maintain Vendors in accounting database and ensures W-9 information is on file
Other Accounting Duties:
- Prepare bank deposits
- Reconcile various general ledger accounts monthly
- Reconcile petty cash
- Input journal entries into the accounting system
- Assist with the preparation of 1099 forms
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform the above essential duties satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
$35,000 to $40,000 depending upon qualifications.
PCAR offers a competitive salary and benefits package. Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply online at https://pcar.org/employment-form by June 1, 2022.
Who We Are
Founded in 1975, PCAR works to end sexual violence and advocates for the rights and needs of all sexual assault victims. PCAR partners with a network of rape crisis programs to bring help, hope, and healing around issues of sexual violence to the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. PCAR:
- Assures that communities have access to quality victim services and prevention education by providing funding, training, materials and assistance to a network of rape crisis centers that serve all of Pennsylvania’s 67 counties.
- Provides resources and training on sexual assault-related issues to professionals across the Commonwealth.
- Promotes public policies that provide protections and services to victims of sexual harassment, abuse, and assault, hold offenders accountable, enhances community safety, and works with media to increase public awareness, access to accurate information and ethical reporting practices.
- Operates the National Sexual Violence Resource Center (NSVRC), which identifies, develops and disseminates resources regarding all aspects of sexual violence prevention and intervention.
- Works with media to increase public awareness, access to accurate information, and ethical reporting practices.
Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
The Pennsylvania Coalition Against Rape and The National Sexual Violence Resource Center provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics.