The Prevention Campaign Specialist is responsible for the collaborative development and timely implementation of the National Sexual Violence Resource Center’s (NSVRC) annual national Sexual Assault Awareness Month (SAAM) prevention campaign. This includes educational resources for the general public, campaign implementation guidance for community-level organizations and advocates across the country, online engagement opportunities, social media outreach, and promotional products.
We are working towards the goal of a fully bilingual campaign in English and Spanish, and this position plans and coordinates culturally relevant SAAM materials and activities for a diverse range of traditionally underserved communities. As a member of the Communications Team, this position plays a key role in NSVRC’s overall online presence and promotion of resources including social media management, email marketing, and online content development (web pages, blogs, podcasts, videos, etc.); writing, editing, and designing materials; and media relations.
The position requires occasional national travel, public speaking, and training skills. Candidates who identify as bicultural and bilingual in Spanish and English are encouraged to apply.
PCAR understands sexual violence as a social justice issue and works to prevent and respond to sexual violence within this framework. We are committed to nurturing a workplace that is affirming, inclusive, and respectful of all people and the ways in which they identify across race, class, ability, gender, sexual orientation, age, and other characteristics.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead the development, implementation, and promotion of NSVRC campaigns to raise public awareness about sexual harassment, abuse, and response, and educate communities on how to play a role in prevention.
- Brainstorm, plan, coordinate, implement, and evaluate public education and prevention activities including the annual Sexual Assault Awareness Month (SAAM) campaign in April. This includes annual themes, resources, activities, strategies, and products.
- Develop social media campaign and toolkit for outreach on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn and other platforms. Utilize email marketing and online ads to promote campaign materials.
- Participate as a member of the Communications Team to assist with messaging, public relations, marketing, and publication development. This includes developing, editing, and reviewing talking points, press releases, editorials, and articles.
- Manage NSVRC’s Facebook page and assist with posting to Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and other social media pages. Regularly gather analytics to understand and engage our online audience.
- Assist with developing and disseminating NSVRC e-newsletters and email marketing content. Utilize customer relationship management (CRM) software to optimize outreach and engagement of online audiences.
- Support the development and dissemination of website content in various formats (blog posts, podcasts, video, e-learning, toolkits) that engages diverse audiences. Assist in the content management and maintenance of NSVRC web pages, ensuring that they meet accessibility standards.
Background in communications, marketing, public health, digital organizing, or social media management. Three years of related experience and/or training required; or equivalent combination of education and experience, such as but not limited to Associate’s Degree, Bachelor’s Degree,
or other related certificates, continuing education, and experience. Experience with social media platform management (including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn); customer relationship management (CRM) software; and website content management systems preferred. Knowledge of sexual assault direct service, prevention, or related social justice field is helpful. This position requires excellent writing, training, and public speaking skills. Candidates should thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative team, excel at multitasking, managing multiple projects and deadlines, and demonstrate attention to detail. Occasional travel may be required. Candidates who identify as bicultural and bilingual in Spanish and English are encouraged to apply.
PCAR offers a competitive salary and benefits package. Qualified candidates are encouraged by December 6, 2021. Complete job description attached.
Who We Are:
Founded in 1975, The mission of the Pennsylvania Coalition Against Rape is to work to eliminate all forms of sexual violence and to advocate for the rights and needs of victims of sexual assault. PCAR partners with a network of rape crisis programs to bring help, hope, and healing around issues of sexual violence to the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
- Assures that communities have access to quality victim services and prevention education by providing funding, training, materials, and assistance to a network of rape crisis centers that serve all of Pennsylvania’s 67 counties.
- Provides resources and training on sexual assault-related issues to professionals across PA.
- Promotes public policies that provide protections and services to victims of sexual violence, hold offenders accountable, enhances community safety, and works with media to increase public awareness, access to accurate information, and ethical reporting practices.
- Operates the National Sexual Violence Resource Center (NSVRC), which identifies, develops, and disseminates resources regarding all aspects of sexual violence prevention and intervention. NSVRC is the leading nonprofit in providing information and tools to prevent and respond to sexual violence. NSVRC translates research and trends into best practices that help individuals, communities and service providers achieve real and lasting change. NSVRC also works with the media to promote informed reporting.
Equal Employment Opportunity Commission:
The Pennsylvania Coalition Against Rape and The National Sexual Violence Resource Center provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics.