The Registration and Event Support Specialist creates and maintains national and state conference and training registration pages, websites, and logistics. This position supports staff in database and emarketing platforms, creates and maintains email templates for newsletters, event announcements, policy emails, and other messages as assigned.
PCAR understands sexual violence as a social justice issue and works to prevent and respond to sexual violence within this framework. We are committed to nurturing a workplace that is affirming, inclusive, and respectful of all people and the ways in which they identify across race, class, ability, gender, sexual orientation, age, and other characteristics.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate pre-registration, accommodations and set-up for training projects using Event Management online software system or other systems as assigned.
- Create, maintain and update Event Management Online Software System for website creation, tracking of payments, registrations, contact database, reports and other details as requested.
- Coordinate all communication during our national and state conferences with attendees, presenters, and exhibitors.
- Create and maintain national and state conference websites. Knowledge of HTML/CSS required.
- Update PCAR website with training date, location and registration links located on event management system.
- Maintain and update registration request form
- Coordinate post event details such as registration fee reconciliation and billing and mailing of certificates.
- Coordinate with facilitator for accommodation requests (language access, ADA, dietary, etc.)
- Develop branded webpages for events and surveys
Marketing of events, trainings and policy updates:
- Create marketing emails for save the dates, registration announcements, reminder emails, create schedule for marketing and reminders
- Create emails for newsletters, policy pieces, training announcements, Vision of Hope, our state and national conferences, and other emails as needed.
- Develop Advocacy alerts on key policy and legislation
- Provide support to staff conducting virtual trainings.
- Assist with upkeep and changes to the database.
- Use the database to manage events, groups, surveys, advocacy alerts, web pages, as necessary.
- Work with colleagues to create and maintain standards within the database.
- Maintain and update database standards guides
- Assist in leading new database software implementation and staff trainings.
Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) or equivalent in Communications, Graphic Design, Web Development, Database management, Event Planning, or other related field; and/or four years of relevant experience
PCAR offers a competitive salary and benefits package. Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply by September 24, 2021.
Who We Are
Founded in 1975, PCAR works to end sexual violence and advocates for the rights and needs of all sexual assault victims. PCAR partners with a network of rape crisis programs to bring help, hope, and healing around issues of sexual violence to the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. PCAR:
- Ensures that communities have access to quality victim services and prevention education by providing funding, training, materials and assistance to a network of rape crisis centers that serve all of Pennsylvania’s 67 counties.
- Provides resources and training on sexual assault-related issues to professionals across the Commonwealth.
- Promotes public policies that provide protections and services to victims of sexual violence, hold offenders accountable, and enhance community safety.
- Launched the Sexual Violence Legal Assistance Project in 2018 to provide holistic legal services to survivors of sexual violence.
- Works with media to increase public awareness, access to accurate information, and ethical reporting practices.
- Operates the National Sexual Violence Resource Center (NSVRC), which identifies, develops and disseminates resources regarding all aspects of sexual violence prevention and intervention. The NSVRC also is a partner in a collaborative effort with the National Alliance to End Sexual Violence (NAESV), and the California Coalition Against Sexual Assault (CALCASA)–PreventConnect to operate RALIANCE. RALIANCE was founded in 2015 through a multimillion dollar seed investment by the National Football League with a mission of ending sexual violence in one generation. RALIANCE promotes prevention by awarding grants, advancing research, policymaking, and more.
- Operated AEquitas: The Prosecutor’s Resource on Violence Against Women from 2009 until the organization became an independent 501(c)(3) on October 1, 2015. PCAR founded AEquitas and was responsible for its financial management while AEquitas project staff implemented training, case consultation, technical assistance and the development of practical resources for prosecutors and justice professionals around the world. PCAR and AEquitas will continue to work closely together as collaborative partners to help identify emerging issues and strategies that could affect investigations and prosecutions of sexual violence and related cases.
Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
PCAR provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics.