Position: Training & Technical Assistance Director
The Pennsylvania Coalition Against Rape (PCAR) Training and Technical Assistance Director manages the coalition training and technical assistance department. This position supervises a team of staff that provides in person and computer based trainings and technical assistance and develops publications and other resources on a wide range of sexual violence prevention and intervention issues. This position will work with partner rape crisis centers to enhance quality service provision. As a member of the Management Team, this position assists with the development and maintenance of administrative policies and procedures and represents PCAR at external events, as requested by the COO or CEO. This position involves the provision of training and technical assistance, some travel and public speaking.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned
- Coordinate all state coalition training activities, requests and provision of technical assistance
- Oversee development of resources and materials about sexual assault related issues in conjunction with Communications Director
- Coordinate process and outcomes evaluation of PCAR’s training and technical assistance efforts
- Oversee the development of in-person and online training curricula and materials
- Oversee the planning for local, regional, and statewide training, including the state conference
- Collaborate with various PCAR/NSVRC staff in agency’s provision of in-person and online trainings
- Formulate and review training policies, programs, and schedules
- Provide support and training to team to strengthen internal capacity to develop training materials for adult audiences
- Provide training on various topics related to sexual violence prevention and intervention
- Oversee the provision of technical assistance
- Collaborate with various PCAR/NSVRC staff as well as external partners in coordination and provision of technical assistance
- Conduct needs assessment and confer with coalition staff and partner rape crisis centers to determine training and technical assistance needs
- Provide support and training to team to help build internal capacity to develop and provide technical assistance on a variety of topics related to sexual violence prevention and intervention
- Provide technical assistance on various topics related to sexual violence prevention and intervention
- Channel specific technical assistance requests to appropriate staff
- Oversee the development of PCAR technical assistance materials and develop educational materials, technical bulletins and information packets and assist in editing when requested
- Coordinate PCAR Partners and act as a liaison to assigned centers
- Identify expertise of partner rape crisis centers and connect with other centers for peer consultation; develop and maintain system to identify center resources
- Provide supervision and support the professional development of members of the training and technical assistance department
- Compile data and analyze past and current year training and technical assistance requirements to prepare budgets and justify funds requested
- Prepare reports of training and technical assistance activity
- Work with appropriate staff to refine data collection process for training and technical assistance activities
- Maintain records and prepare statistical reports to evaluate performance of staff and consultants and monitor progress of results
- Coordinate implementation of coalition’s language access plan
- Serve as team leader for training and technical assistance team
- Participate in coordinating team meetings
- Represent PCAR with other state organizations and attend meetings as necessary
- Assist with grant research and writing
Directly supervises 5-8 members of training and technical assistance team, interns, volunteers, and consultants. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) in human service or related field from four-year college or university; and three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
1. Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and projects simultaneously and ability to meet strict deadlines. Ability to identify and respond to shifting priorities.
2. Must be a self-starter that can work within a team and fast-paced environment and handle a variety of tasks with multiple deadlines. Must be very detail-oriented and work with minimal supervision.
3. Excellent oral and written communication skills. Must possess excellent project management, organizational and negotiation skills. Excellent customer service skills.
4. Demonstrated sensitivity and ability to collaboratively work with individuals and groups from diverse populations and organizations. Ability to maintain cooperative and professional demeanor with rape crisis centers, coalitions, agency staff/board, council members, vendors, consultants, allied professionals and the general public. Must be able to foster positive working relationships with people and creating an accessible environment.
5. Must have proficiency with the technology necessary for the functions of the position.
6. Accept and abide by the mission and core values of PCAR.
7. Must be willing to complete a Pennsylvania rape crisis center sexual assault victim counselor training, if not already completed in the past 3 years.
8. Availability to travel statewide, some overnights and weekends. Must possess a valid Pennsylvania driver’s license, insurance, and reliable vehicle.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, and talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
OTHER DUTIES AS REQUIRED
The statements contained herein describe the scope of the responsibility and essential functions of this position but should not be considered to be an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned including but not limited to work in other areas to cover absences or relief to equalize peak work periods or otherwise balance the workload.
To begin your application, click here.
Deadline to apply is May 10.