December 4-6, 2018
PCAR Office, 2101 N Front Street
Governor's Plaza North, Bldg #2
Harrisburg PA 17110
This training is open only to PA Sexual Assault Center staff and is most appropriate for Prevention Educators.
Participants will become trainers of the following three curricula:
- Care for Kids: A child sexual abuse prevention curriculum for children 3-8 years old that focuses on healthy sexuality.
- We Care Elementary: A child sexual abuse prevention curriculum for children grades 3-6 that focuses on healthy relationships.
- Sexual Abuse Free Environment for Teens: A child sexual abuse prevention curriculum for children grades 7-8 that focuses on developing social emotional skills and introduces age-appropriate information about sexual harassment and sexually abusive behaviors.
- Tuesday, December 4, 2018: 10:00am - 5:00pm (lunch on your own)
- Wednesday, December 5, 2018: 9:00am - 4:00pm (lunch on your own)
- Thursday, December 6, 2018: 9:00am - 12:30pm (lunch on your own)
Jackie Strohm, PCAR Prevention & Resource Coordinator
Lexi Livelsberger, PCAR Children's Advocacy Coordinator
Jackie & Lexi participated in the Healthy Relationships Project Training-of-Trainers and have permission from Prevent Child Abuse Vermont to train PA sexual assault center staff.
PCAR is able to provide mileage reimbursement. All mileage amounts are eligible.
PCAR will provide one of each curriculum per center that attends:
- Care for Kids kit (includes curriculum, children's books and baby dolls) * If your center has the 2015 version of Care for Kids already you will receive an updated version of the curriculum and 3 new children's books.
- We Care Elementary curriculum
- SAFE-T curriculum