Request for Proposal (RFP)
Content experts to provide resources for advocates working with male survivors of sexual assault.
The Pennsylvania Coalition Against Rape (PCAR) is a non-profit, statewide organization working to end sexual violence, and advocate for the rights and needs of all sexual assault victims and survivors. As a project of PCAR, the National Sexual Violence Resource Center (NSVRC) provides leadership in preventing and responding to sexual violence through collaborating, sharing and creating resources, and promoting research.
Through this project, NSVRC provides technical assistance nationally to address the needs of male survivors of sexual violence across the lifespan. It creates opportunities for developing collaboration between technical assistance providers serving the needs of sexual assault survivors, and supports all grant programs and community organizations that may interact with male survivors of sexual violence
The focus of this project is on advocates at sexual assault victim services centers.
NSVRC seeks content experts to help us create resources on a variety of topics relevant to understanding, reaching, and working with male survivors of sexual assault. Content experts will:
- participate in recorded audio conversations with NSVRC staff that will be released as podcasts; and
- contribute to the creation of blog posts for the NSVRC website.
Respondents may also propose the development or use of other online resources to applicable to this project.
Successful respondents will have an understanding of the intersection of male socialization sexual violence, and the impact of sexual violence across the lifespan of survivors.
Other topics of interest to NSVRC include, but are not limited to:
- expressions of trauma for men;
- best practices providing services to male survivors;
- working with formerly incarcerated male survivors;
- successful community partnerships for serving male survivors;
- working in drug and alcohol systems;
- addressing vicarious trauma for advocates;
- reaching male survivors effectively (e.g., agency or program name changes to be gender inclusive); and
- sexual violence in institutions.
Scope and Compensation
Content experts will be compensated on an hourly basis. We expect that the work required to complete a single content project (a single podcast or a blog post) would take an average of two to four hours. Successful respondents must agree to work within NSVRC’s publication standards and to coordinate with NSVRC to meet the needs of the project. Respondents may submit multiple proposals for various topics. All proposal must include and hourly rate of compensation.
Suggested Outline for Your Proposal
- Name, affiliation, and contact information
- Resource topic(s) and format
- Summary of content, key talking points, explanation of how the content is relevant to advocates at sexual assault centers (no more than 500 words)
- Brief explanation of your background and expertise on the proposed topics (or include resume)
- Amount of time proposed and cost
RFP Sent: February 18, 2020
Extended Proposal Due Date: May 29, 2020
Submission and Questions
Send questions and proposals to: Louie Marven, Training Specialist, National Sexual Violence Resource Center, email@example.com