The Pennsylvania Coalition Against Rape (PCAR) works to end sexual violence and advocates for the rights and needs of sexual assault victims. In addition to Pennsylvania-specific work, PCAR operates the National Sexual Violence Resource Center (NSVRC) and is a partner with Raliance. PCAR partners with a network of rape crisis programs to bring help, hope, and healing around issues of sexual violence to the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. PCAR assures that communities have access to quality victim services and prevention education by providing funding, training, materials, and assistance to a network of rape crisis centers that serve all of Pennsylvania’s 67 counties. PCAR provides resources and training on sexual assault-related issues to professionals across the Commonwealth.
Due to the nature of our work, PCAR supports and promotes self-care practices for staff. Therefore, PCAR is seeking an organization, agency, or consultant who can provide a 15-20 minute virtual meditation session twice a month (for XX months). Planning and ongoing communications with PCAR staff throughout the project is required.
PROPOSALS SHOULD INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION:
1. Applicant name and/or agency and contact information.
2. Describe relevant expertise and experience related to facilitation.
3. List specific work you have conducted with a similar focus and provide two examples of previous work.
4. Provide description of meditation activity to facilitate use in Mindful Breaks.
The Pennsylvania Coalition Against Rape (PCAR) is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI). One of our strategic goals is to become an antiracist organization. Included in this commitment is an interest in supporting, and developing partnerships with, minority-owned businesses or businesses that demonstrate measurable outcomes related to their commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion.
We define diversity broadly to encompass the full spectrum of humanity, taking into account demographics such as race/ethnicity; Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer/Questioning (LGBTQ+) status; gender identity; and disabilities, among others.
Equity is promoting justice, impartiality and fairness within the procedures, processes, and distribution of resources by institutions or systems. Addressing equity issues requires an understanding of the underlying or root causes of outcome disparities within our society.
Inclusion is the degree to which diverse individuals are able to participate fully in the decision making processes within an organization or group.
As such, please respond to the following questions:
1. Describe your existing programs and procedures designed to encourage and foster diversity, equity and inclusion.
2. If your firm is a Black, Indigenous and/or People of Color (BIPOC)-owned, woman-owned, or LGBTQ-owned business, please indicate so and provide information on your firm's certification and certifying agency.
3. Please provide the percentage of your firm's total employees by race and gender.
4. Please describe if/how your firm will use BIPOC-owned, woman-owned, or LGBTQ-owned business in the proposed relationship. Please be as specific as possible.
- Consultants will be considered based on a variety of factors including:
- Demonstration of consultant’s commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion;
- Prior relevant projects or experience with firms of similar size and complexity;
- Knowledge and expertise of individuals that will work the projects;
- A proven track record of providing quality work on time;
- Ability to provide work within the scope on budget; and
- Response of references.
For further reference please see our organizational statement on our commitment to racial justice: https://pcar.org/sites/default/files/pages-pdf/commitment_to_racial_justicefinal508_updated.pdf.
Proposals are to be submitted electronically to the following: email@example.com.