The Pennsylvania Coalition Against Rape (PCAR) works to end sexual violence and advocates for the rights and needs of sexual assault victims. In addition to Pennsylvania-specific work, PCAR operates the National Sexual Violence Resource Center (NSVRC) and is a partner in Raliance. PCAR partners with a network of rape crisis programs to bring help, hope, and healing around issues of sexual violence to the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. PCAR assures that communities have access to quality victim services and prevention education by providing funding, training, materials, and assistance to a network of rape crisis centers that serve all of Pennsylvania’s 67 counties. PCAR provides resources and training on sexual assault-related issues to professionals across the Commonwealth.
PCAR is seeking to partner with an organization, individual or team to create content for a three-part online training course on LGBTQ+ communities. Each module is expected to be 15 to 30 minutes long and the content will be adapted from provided materials. We are seeking creative developer(s) that have an understanding of effective online learning principles and emerging communication strategies. Additionally, we would prefer to work with developer(s) that have experience with other social justice or public health issues, and/or are located in Pennsylvania.
To be considered a certified sexual assault counselor, advocates must participate in online learning courses. It has been determined that the current course curriculum does not sufficiently cover responding to survivors who are LGBTQ+. Therefore, PCAR would like to utilize the expertise of a consultant to develop the content for an LGBTQ+ online learning course to support PCAR’s sexual assault counselor course curriculum. PCAR has also identified a need to provide resources that connect human trafficking, sexual violence and LGBTQ+ community. We are seeking to consult with an expert to develop course content for LGBTQ+ human trafficking survivors to build upon and develop further to meet the needs of LGBTQ+ survivors.
We are looking for a consultant or group who has prior experience creating online learning modules. This project will require collaboration; we seek a partner that would meet agreed-upon learning objectives and be able to complete this project by December 31, 2021. Successful respondents must agree to work within PCAR’s publication standards. All modules will need to be developed using iSpring and meet 508 Compliance specifications for accessibility for people with disabilities.
PROPOSALS SHOULD INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION:
1. Applicant name and/or agency and contact information.
2. Describe relevant expertise and experience related to online learning development.
3. List specific work you have conducted with a similar focus and provide two examples of previous work.
4. Describe your proposed process for course development.
5. Describe your familiarity with 508 compliance, accessibility and iSpring.
6. Outline the time frame needed to complete this process and the estimated cost for development.
The Pennsylvania Coalition Against Rape (PCAR) / National Sexual Violence Resource Center (NSVRC) is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI). One of our strategic goals is to become an antiracist organization. Included in this commitment is an interest in supporting, and developing partnerships with, minority-owned businesses or businesses that demonstrate measurable outcomes related to their commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion.
We define diversity broadly to encompass the full spectrum of humanity, taking into account demographics such as race/ethnicity; Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer/Questioning (LGBTQ) status; gender identity; and disabilities, among others.
Equity is promoting justice, impartiality and fairness within the procedures, processes, and distribution of resources by institutions or systems. Addressing equity issues requires an understanding of the underlying or root causes of outcome disparities within our society.
Inclusion is the degree to which diverse individuals are able to participate fully in the decision making processes within an organization or group.
As such, please respond to the following questions:
1. Describe your existing programs and procedures designed to encourage and foster diversity, equity and inclusion.
2. If your firm is a Black, Indigenous and People of Color (BIPOC)-owned, woman-owned, or LGBTQ-owned business, please indicate so and provide information on your firm's certification and certifying agency.
3. Please provide the percentage of your firm's total employees by race and gender.
4. Please describe if/how your firm will use BIPOC-owned, woman-owned, or LGBTQ-owned business in the proposed relationship. Please be as specific as possible.
Consultants will be considered based on a variety of factors including: Demonstration of consultant’s commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion;
For further reference please see our organizational statement on our commitment to racial justice: https://pcar.org/sites/default/files/pages-pdf/commitment_to_racial_justicefinal508_updated.pdf.